1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how tough is trapshooting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i was wondering what percentage of trapshooters in the ATA are D,C,B,A and AA shooters. Futhermore, what percentage are 19/21, 22/23,24/25,25/27 shooters. Any facts on this?

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I think Neil Winston posted a good graph not to long ago.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Call Trap&Field and order a average book.

4. smsnyder

were was the graph? it would be interesting to see. thanks

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Cant remember what post, but had a dot type graph showing percents of yardage class and singles class.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

this help?

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I'm starting world war III but Trapshooting is easy. Not that I'm saying I never miss. But think about it.
    We have every advantage to hit those birds. We basically shoot a scatter gun with 400 to 500 pellets. We have time to set-up and prepare to shoot. We have control when the bird leaves the house. And were faster than the bird.
    A lot of advantages. Say I'm crazy but these phrases above a positives that I need to shoot. If I say, I stink, I'm slow, and I hate my life how am I going to shoot well and beat the machine? The basics of trapshooting are easy. We tend to let other factors affect the outcome. Shoot well. Shoot many.
    Dave T.

8. smsnyder

trapshooting has to be a game of perfection. loose concentration at one time and you loose in the game most often. I know of no other sport that requires breaking 99% of the targets to win. 16 yards is the hardest event to win at state and national levels.

9. BIGbill

BIGbill TS Member

They are not hard to hit, just easy to miss.

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok trap shooting isn't tuff at all you just got to be lucky more than the average guy.

By the way im a low class A shooter but when im hot im hot but sure do hate the carry overs because I cool off pretty quick so I guess you can class me as an average shooter that has a hot streak once in a blue moon.

foggy

11. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

im AA-26.5-A im almost there i can almost taste the 27 yard line i actually made the 27 for a legue and for the first time i shot 27 last weekend and broke a 94 im happy

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Trapshooting is easy.<br>
    <br>
    Perfect scores aren't.

13. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

One of the posts notes that no other sport requires breaking 99% of the targets to win...well...don't forget "skeet"...in that game you have to break 100% of the targets to win...(ouch, I can feel the flames headed my way). 100s dominate the 12, 20, & 28 & doubles events in skeet...and,frequently, the .410. If you think trap is hard, enter a .410 skeet event where any score of 90 or above is a challenge. Yes, the games are different, but the competition is so keen in both you cannot miss a target and be competitive. Best Regards, Ed

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ed ... how dare you mention something more difficult than trap you ... you ... you skeeter you! :)))

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yeah what he said ... ya bench warmer you ... get your butt back to the bench!

16. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Breaking 99% of the targets in trap isn't enough to win. Maybe at a handicap event, but not singles.

As for trap being easy..... the birds (angles) aren't tough. But keeping your focus and doing everything right 100 or 200 times is.

~Michael

17. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I agree with Al, trap targets aren't hard to hit, easier than most sporting clays targets (the vast majority). BUT, I would say it's harder to compete at trapshooting. In sporting clays they give trophies...a lot more than trapshooting awards. So in sporting clays, you can miss a few more and from the start had a better chance of winning something because they have more trophies. In trapshooting, one brain fart and you're done.

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Trap is hard enough to run off the average people that can't cut real competition....

they flock to skeet and sporting clays which have more built-in excuses, thus making them hero's in their own minds...

Curt

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

Flincher ... do not take the bait, he is just justifying why he shoots trap.

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Flincher; If sporting is so hard why can an old man(me) shoot one of the supposed best sporting courses, supposedly difficult and I break a 89 without working at it. And I haven't shot sporting in over a year and a half. You get 2 shots at a single (which I never took) that's like cheating. I also only used one choke, with a release triggered trap gun. Really a difficult game.

Sorry you sporting boys have yourselves convinced it is harder than it is. According to one of your other shooters I get to stay in a beginners class for year before a review, sounds like something I should look into. Do you shoot for money, I don't need anymore trophies

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.