1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use trapshooting as a fund raiser?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wallyworld6012, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallyworld6012

wallyworld6012 TS Member

I am wanting to have a trapshooting fund raiser for CMN
    Any ideas on how to start
    what would be the best prizes to offer
    any suggestions are welcomed

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Please let us know what "CMN" represents, on what the funds would be spent and how much would you like to raise.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm working on a similar idea, although we haven't settled on the charity yet. My concept for raising money is simple - basing sponsorships on a 100 bird event.

Participating shooters would solicit sponsorships either a flat fixed amount or an amount per bird broken. If we could not get ammo & birds covered, then shooters might pay a nominal entry fee. I would try to get donated goodies for the participants as thank you gifts for their efforts - shirts, hats, gun accessories, free food etc... from area businesses.

One concept I'm staying away from is having the shooters shoot for money/prizes - this isn't about them, its ultimately about the charity and donating time and effort for a greater good. However, if a participant met a significant dollar threshold, I might consider some sort of a "reward".

Trying to get this up and running for 2008.

Jay Spitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.