1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to unnerve some one in shootoff?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i know they do this a lot in other sports. In foodball they often stop the game before the kicker is going to make an important field goal. how does that apply in our sport?

2. baflstang

baflstang Member

How many over-paid, whiny, abusive, drug using shooters have you been in a shoot-off against? Let your gun do the psyching and do not be late to the line. Just remember, YOU made it to the dance (and that is better than a lot of other good shooters did) and that is a great feat in itself. Experience will eventually get you over the top. Bill Weaver

3. smsnyder

baflstang, that is correct but does not allways apply. this is is a head game sport more so than other sports.

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

smoke the targets.

5. C H S

C H S TS Member

Be erratic in your timing; one time call and shoot in your normal rhythm and the next time take extra time, look the shell over, mount and remount...

Andy

6. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

put a bugger on the end of your nose & shake your aponents hand & wish him good luck, they will usaly miss the first target.

7. smsnyder

bring a beautiful women along with big? to carry your gun and shells. lol

8. smsnyder

gregg, that's funny. you sick puppy LOL

9. smsnyder

wear blinking lighted shooting glasses at night. that should get there attention.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Show up in a thong....works all the time!!

Curt

11. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

My friends and I walked to the line with 4 cases of shells, letting the friend that I was shooting off against know that I was there for the duration. IT WORKED..I lost on the first round..Just shoot'em. I still laugh about that one. Don

12. smsnyder

mention that your new reloads 1 1/2 oz of number 8's shot works ls every time in shoot offs..

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Take the shell catcher off your autoloader.

Do not call for the target by saying pull ... instead say push, shove, dog, cat, rat or just a loud belching sound ... anything out of the ordinary will do most times.

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Tatanka Donk- that's a good one, I'll have to remember it. I kinda like gnberetcj's idea of a thong....if it doesn't shake them up it will have them THROWING up!! (If I wore one that is...)

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

15. zinger

zinger Member

blow one into the ground with your release might do the job Earl...lol Just make sure you don't hit the control box.

16. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Tatanka Donk- I hope to see you guys at Gainesville again in March if your shoot dates coincide with Daytona bike week. Always have a good time down there even if I don't always shoot great. Who knows, maybe in 2008 I'll get my head out of my *beep*. I'm looking forward to the Fla. sun already.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

PS. if we tie again I'll let you win the flip! LOL

17. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

When you pass the other shooter when changing stations just say,

"Why don't you miss one and let the pressure off me"

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

I saw it happen one time when I refereed a shoot off between two well known All American shooters. They had just completed the first 25 of the shoot off and both had reduced their targets to dust. As they were walking back to get another box of shells, one mentioned to the other "you started to get into the last 10 targets". This resulted in a surprised look on the other shooters face and he missed his next target.

If I were to play shoot off games, I would not be that subtle. I always believed that filling my barrel ports with grease would splatter the glasses of my opponent and give me an advantage. A friend in the spectators area with a silent dog training whistle that would set off targets just at the other shooter mounted his gun could be another useful option.

Actually my personal approach to shoot offs most frequently is if the others do not wish to flip, I will forfeit. The shells are more useful to me than a trophy.

Pat Ireland

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

why would you care to unnerve someone?

Do you have to resort to some trick to beat them?

I guess some of the tricks mentioned above would gain some noteriety even if you lost

regards from Iowa

Gene

20. flinter58

flinter58 TS Member

Be a gentleman - go to the line on time and do your normal routine - ignore the head games the other shooters are trying to use - just be a gentleman - get in your bubble and shoot your normal game......Ignoring someone’s attempt to disrupt you will generally cause the other persons head game to back fire – When you do your normal routine - there is no pressure on you to think about your changes and still break a target – Just enjoy the game and let the other person play all the tricks they want to –get in your bubble and ignore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.