1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to tighten stock on twentyweight?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My stock is loose and the gun has a packmair white line pad on it. There are no holes in the pad as are usually seen. I don't want to damage the gun or pad but know that there should be screw holes in it close to the edge but can't find any. Is there something unusual about the Pad. Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I'm sure the holes are there. Put some vaseline or similar on a round shank #2 screwdriver and probe until you find the holes, then the screw.

Robert

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

There are holes. Someone done it right. Should be about 5/8down and about 7/8 up.

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Shooting Jack, here is what it should look like without the pad.

Doug Allison

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Thanks for the help but I still can't find the screw holes. I will try with air with my compressor all the way up to 180 psi and see if there are any indentions or anything. I begin to wonder if it's glued on, I've never run across one glued on but it's possible. If it turns out to have screws someone did an exceptional job. Jackie B.

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

The Perazzi's were glued on I believe. Someone that has removed one should come on and let you know how to remove. glenn

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I removed a Perazzi pad by very carefully opening the gap at the heel with a box cutter blade and using either monofilament line or dental floss under the pad to release the glue. That worked with the adhesive used on the Perazzi pad but it is hard to say what adhesive may have been used on a recoil pad installed by the previous owner or a gunsmith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.