1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to test scale??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ross, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

As per FlaLagarto use test weights.---or have you changed to a different jug or type of powder??? is loader level???? been dropped??? is bushing clear??? many possibilities. Your doing the right thing by checking the scale. Ross Puls

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

According to the coin specs from the government, a new dime weighs 2.268 grams or 35 grains.

3. Country Squire

Country Squire TS Member

Andy, If you have any rifle or pistol bullets lying around they are pretty close enough to weight to check your scale. Hope this helps George

4. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

Use something a little more precise like a rifle or pistol bullet. I use two, a 20gr and a 50gr just to be sure. And yes I have a digital scale but it never hurts to check things often.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Dimes work ok but they do vary a bit but not enough to matter. I have used them for years but I also have the factroy weights ( Ohaus) I just never bother with them

6. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

mark425_2008_030333.jpg

What Ks5shooter said....if you want accuracy. In the ball park...use a dime, thats about how much your results will be worth.

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"...In the ball park...use a dime, thats about how much your results will be worth.</i></blockquote>Before you go running things down weigh 20 "new dimes" on a good scale and tell me what the variation is. It's way close enough for shotgun work.

MK

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

"...In the ball park...use a dime, thats about how much your results will be worth.

Before you go running things down weigh 20 "new dimes" on a good scale and tell me what the variation is. It's way close enough for shotgun work.

MK

================================================================================

Sorry to offend. I guess I am one of those guys that doesnt like "close enough".

Mark

p.s. I did weigh 10 new looking dimes. Lightest=34.2 grains, heaviest 35.6 grains. Reweighed lightest and heaviest 3 times with same readings. The majority were within .2 grains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.