1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to tame recoil in a beretta 682

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stickdp, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

What loads are you shooting ---try some 2 3/4 dram 1oz loads.

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Gun fit is a big contributor, however, buy a PFS now and never look back.

JON

3. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Check the load, the 2 3/4 dram is a great idea, 1 oz with that even better. Then try one of those mercury recoil reducers. I did that in one of my trap guns and oh la la, a sweet shooter! I would let anyone shoot that gun, I have even had a 100 pound woman shoot it and she liked it! It has a gentle push, you know it is a gun but no slap to your shoulder. Gun fit will take care of the face but you did not mention that so i take it gun fit is right. While a PFS has been mentioned, they just look too mechanical for me, check out the Prosoft from Phil Simms or Walnutmaker on this site. I have shot them, they are amazing.

4. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I had the same problem with a 682 E sporting clays gun. Got a PFS & solved the problem. I'm sure there are other solutions but that's the one that worked for me. John

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I have a bump buster from Ken Rucker on my 682 gold, it makes a big difference. 1 ounce loads are plenty for skeet. Good Luck

6. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

Mercury reducer in stock A Plus idea. Probably less than $40.00, put it in yourself. 1 oz. is plenty for skeet, 7/8 oz. even better.

7. Red Dirt

Red Dirt TS Member

I have a bump buster too and it does an amazing job. I do stock work and install the bump buster as part of my services. Let me know if I can help.

James T.
    http://www.reddirtstockworks.com

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Order a "Beretta Recoil Reduction System" from Beretta USA. They are a larger version of the Deal Mule reducer and work the same way. I think Berettas are soft-shooters - my son and I both have 687 Silver Pigeon II trap combos and they have the lowest felt recoil of any break-open gun either of us have owned. But arthritis has made me very sensitive to recoil IN my shoulder and I'm always looking for ways to reduce it.

I saw one of those reducers in the service department at Beretta USA when I visited there 18 months ago. They are intended for their semi-auto target shotguns but can be fitted into a 68x stock with very little modification. I wrote an article on recoil reducers and the photos below were a part of that piece. Of the recoil reduction devices shown - and I own them all and used all of them - the Dead Mule and Beretta devices were the most effective.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ed

9. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

For skeet 12 gage all you need is 7/8 ounce load and a LM choke on the bottom and a IC on top if you load one-at-a-time. The targets are right in front of your face - you can almost reach out and touch them. A 12 gage 7/8 load kicks less than a 20 gage equivalent load too - don't ask me why - more of a push than a kick. Some of the best registered Skeet shooters in the world shoot 20 gage in the 12 gage gun event and they rule the game. I used to shoot 20 gage in the 12 bore gun and would generally run a 100 about every other tournament.

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Lovethesport,

How much too short is it? If you've bumped youer nose a time or two with your thumb, then you may be soft shouldering the gun instead of mounting it firmly. It sounds as if a good fitting session is in order to get everything straightened out.

I generally use a 1225fps 7/8oz load of 8 1/2's for my 12ga skeet duties. This is like shooting a 28ga as far as recoil.

SK and SK is plenty of choke for skeet, reguardless of the payload amount.

ss

11. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

My 682X (these have dense wood) has 2 recoil reducers in the stock and I intalled a Nelson Adjustable system. For Trap I shoot either Rem Lite target loades at the 16 and the lite handicap loads for handicap. Also winchester makes a Super Target brand shell that has 1145 FPS that I use for the 16.

In doubles I shoot 1oz loades followed by a handicap load.

I have a 34" Over Single for handicap and a 29 3/4" O/U for doubles.

For skeet I have a 30 3/4 U/O Sporting Barrel with Kolar AAA tubes.

Ronbo

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a 682 stock with a G-Squared recoil reducer installed. Perfect condition $500. PM if your interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 recoil reducer

beretta 391 shotgun mercury recoil reducers

beretta 682 recoil

beretta 682 recoil reduction

dead mule recoil reducer

recoil reducer for 682

recoil reducers for sporting clays

shotgun recoil reducer