1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to take out ejectors in SKB 500

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tonygrz, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Hi,

Took my SKB 500 to a well respected local gunsmith to have the ejectors taken out of my SKB 500. He took two parts out and springs and gave it back to me. The problem was that the gun would not cock the hammers when opened. He said to bring it back and he would work on it. He said something about cutting off some metal off and that bothers me. I don't know if he really knows what to do.

Anyone here know how to take out the ejectors from my SKB 500 ???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony G.

2. Toddy

Toddy Member

Tony,

What area are you in or at what location?

Reg. Todd, ES,BC

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have been trying to find good pics of the SKB 500. From what I did find. It seems like he might have removed the cocking lever, which seems to look much like a ejector hammer. With the pics I have seen, I can not determine what throws the ejectors? Maybe just removeing the ejector springs. Could you post pics of your forend insides and reciever insides. Also finding weaker springs or cutting down springs until it just lifts them. I have done this on many browning citori. Finding a weaker replacement spring that held up was tough. I finally just order new springs. Then grind down the old until just enough to lift exstractor.

4. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Thanks for the responses. I think the spring thing is the way to go. I'm printing all the suggestions and taking them to my gunsmith. You're the second person to suggest this. I also posted on the shotgunworld forum. I even got a call from a really nice guy from BC, Canada.

Thanks again for all the great help.

Tony G.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Tony I dont like the idear of grinding or modifying any gun part UNLESS you purchase a new factory part first. Nothing worse than messing up a part you can not get easily. I always buy a new part if im going to tinker. if it dont work or you FIU you have the needs to fix at hand. Looking at the pics I saw the cocking lever looks a lot like the citori ejector hammer. If not to familure with the skb possible to think this.

6. cbat

cbat Member

Sounds like you need to call Ron Sharp in Canada. Google his name with Ithaca / Skb and give him a call. He should have any parts you need. If he does not I may have some cocking cams...that is what it sounds like.

CBat

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Tony,

I think that all you have to do to disable the ejectors is to remove the ejector springs. There is one spring hidden in the channel in front of each ejector. To remove the ejector, push it part way in, then turn (twist) it outward to remove it from the ejector channel. Then slowly let the ejector back out so that the spring doesn't fly out.

I don't think that any parts other than the ejector springs need to be removed or else the gun won't cock the hammers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to remove ejctor on skb 500

how to remove ejector on skb 500

how to remove ejectors in skb 785 shotgun

skb ejector springs