1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to spot the club Geezer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

This is a loose definition forwarded to me by a fellow poster. It's too good not to share.

How to spot the club geezer?

1)He generally parks in the handicap spot even though he doesn’t have a handicap hang tag or plate. Then never quits gripping if someone that is handicapped parks there.

2)Takes all day to get his gun and shooting bag out of the vehicle even though his shooting buddies are waiting (because the world revolves around him).

3)Won’t share the field with a single person that isn’t his squad mate. Also refuses to squad with others during league shooting.

4)Tells the same two stories at least twice a day. These are usually something to the effect of; “The day I made the 27yrd line” and “The shoot-off”. The latter being a runner-up D class shoot-off during a prelim event at the state shoot.

5)Critiques everyone’s shooting and lets them know what they are doing wrong. This is in spite of the fact that the shooter is carrying a better average in the club league shoot.

6)Seldom does he ever put money in the can for the coffee he’s drank all day.

7)Never buys anything at the club because he can always find it cheaper somewhere else.

8)Is absolutely the first one to bitch if the targets aren’t just his liking.

9)Has never offered to help the club with their shoots, or help sponsor the club’s SCTP/AIM team. He’s already paid his dues and nobody helped him out when he got started.

10)Is always trying to run other people’s lives and see things his way, because your point of view doesn’t matter.

11)If you are still having problems spotting him, maybe a look in the mirror will find him.

ss

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I know of two or three of those...four maybe 'cause I'm workin' on it...

David

3. setool

setool Member

Why are you making fun of me... Mark Schneider

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

ss I guess you couldn't stir up enough crap on the other thread. You and gw22 could be brothers.

If you feel that bad about them - why don't you just ask them to shutup or leave??

Don

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Maybe offer the "Geezer" some help, and some kind words?

Remember: John 8:7

Wayne

6. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Jeez,
    How come I can relate to all these issues?????????,including those G.D auto loaders chucking shells on me not at me !!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.

7. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

A trap club wouldn't be a trap club if it didn't have old geezers. How many of the 11 does it take to qualify as a geezer? 11/11, 10/11, 9/11........? The old geezer never dies they live on forever. Don't worry about what guys say and think. just enjoy being able to get out.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

OK, kind of funny, but well outside the spirit/intent of the term "Club Geezer" which I coined for the purpose of addressing a serious issue.

-Gary

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

What's the matter SS;didn't he have enough balls to post it himself? I must be shooting at the wrong clubs/states,because I seem to run into a lot more inconsiderate people that fall in another catagory other than what you call "geezers".

I know a heck of a lot of geezers that I doubt you could hold a candle to wether it be knowledge, kindness,friendship or shooting ability.

Have a wonderful New Year
    Steve Geezer Elliott

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Well AATrap,

I guess you didn't read it very well as it was written by a female. I thought the point of view was readily apparent, but maybe I need to make it more "Dick and Jane" for you to understand that.

I guess she could have posted it herself, but I did it first (with her permission of course).

ss

11. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Well, SS, accept my apology. I guess your"fellow" poster doesn't have balls.

12. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

At our club you can certainly tell the geezers.

1. They're the ones there early to start the fires,set up the trap,set up the voice calls,make sure the Trap is full,check the flight of the targets,make the coffee,open the club house,make sure the heater is on so the ladies that come later will be warm.

2. They have shot all the way to the 27 and into AA and AAA and see what others are doing wrong and want them to do better, and not make all the mistakes they have made on the way.

3. They are the ones to throw money into the pot to buy a new table or bench, the newer shooter can't afford it they are trying to raise a family.

4. They are the ones that show up for the work parties because they don't have kids in Little league, or Basketball in the Winter.

5. They are the ones with slower eyesight and you have to wait for the 2nd and 3rd shot in the games a little longer.

6. They are the ones that donate guns,stocks,shells,reloaders,componets and the time to teach someone new how to use it, and rides so that some of the younger shooters can shoot.

I'm kind of proud of the Geezers I know.

Ajax

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good one, Ajax. Your Geezers are my kind of Geezers (i.e. not the trouble-making "Club Geezers").

-Gary

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Ajax, those aren't geezers. They decent club members, regardless of age.

Next we're going to hear how senior women trapshooters like to be called Old Biddies.

Hoo boy.

15. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Old Geezer's

1) also knows enough not to pick someone else shotgun off the rack and shoulder it -- just to see how it handles and when he puts it back he bangs the rib.

2) always has enough shells in his trunk to shoot and never has to ask the club to hold his check for a week or two.

3) also knows better than to have a beer at lunch and then go shoot the handicap.

4) never tells an off-color story or swears around kids and women

5) never throws an empty hull to the ground when he misses

6) may tell more stories about the "good old days" than you like to hear but its his way to remember friends who aren't around any more.

16. shadow

shadow Active Member

"BAH-HUMBUG"!

17. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

I may have to change my "Handle", to avoid becoming part of..... a problem? Or maybe politicaly correctness? Jim

18. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I like what Ajax wrote and can't wait to join them.I'm not old enough yet just 68. But I learn a lot from them. Ken U

19. lionsskin

lionsskin TS Member

He is the guy that tells it like it is, no concern or worry about being politically correct.

20. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I just look for the guy that resembles Shootlow and I know that has to be the club "geezer".

If you look up "old geezer" in the dictionary or encyclopedia, I'm sure it will have a picture of Shootlow to go along with the description. lol

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.