1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to shoot wobble trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I shot some sporting recently. One of the stations was shot from a raised multi-tiered deck. I inquired about that deck and was told that is where they shoot wobble trap. I thought wobble trap was shot from a standard trap field, but from some different yardages and with a trap that could vary targets vertically as well as horizontally. Basically I thought wobble trap was an affordable one trap substitute for International Clay Pigeon (bunker)?

I was told they have a trap in front that is used as well.

So, what's the deal with wobble trap?

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Wobble trap is just the name of the trap machine. You can set up any kind of use you want. We use our wobble trap as part of our 5 Stand set up. Sometimes we throw wobble doubles. If the trap is still oscillating, the targets sometimes hit the inside of the house. You can set it to just go up and down. Mark

3. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Mrskeet, I'll agree with you. Seems to me that one talks about shooting "Wobble Trap" they are referring to a less costly version of Bunker, shot as you described. I guess it has different meanings to some.

4. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

If set up as a substitute for bunker the trap house roof is set at the same level as the shooting stations which are set back 15 meters from the front of the house. The machine is set so the center of the throwing arm is .5 meters + or -.1 meters from the top of the roof and back from the front edge of the roof w/ the machine set to throw a 2 m @ 10 m straight away target to 76 meters distance I believe.

Chuck

5. creek

creek Member

Wobble trap is unique from all other games. There are 5 positions on a pyramid structure. The machine is hidden under station #3 (no one knows where the target will go). The machine is random in its throwing up, down, left, right.
    Your first call is a single; you can shoot twice at it if you miss the first. Your next is a report pair; then another report pair. Everyone shifts stations and you start again with a single with one or two shots, then two sets of report pairs. You could use between 25 to 30 shells depending how good you are on your first shot. It's a real blast to play!
    JOHN (CREEK)

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

As I said, it obviously has many different meanings as far as the game goes. To me, it has been as puff described.

7. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

The inaccurate use of the word and accompanying confusion are reasons why America needs to use the international term "Automatic Ball Trap."

8. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Is that really how the International community refers to the game? I can live with the confusion,considering how often it comes up.

9. DanLee

DanLee Member

Wobble trap is the same as trap, but with the wobble. The poor man's version of bunker entails cranking up the throwing speed and allowing two shots, otherwise it is the same as wobble trap. My favorite shotgun game is wobble skrap, where one shoots from the skeet stations. It's all I shoot anymore.

Dan

10. twostraight

twostraight Member

Hold a low gun

11. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Pray... Fred Ready, Fire, Aim!

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Dan Lee, I'm with you on this one. Skrap is my favorite game but sometimes don't shoot so well. I feel good about my round if I score 16 or better. We used to shoot it with a regular trap thrower and I could average 20/21 but the wobble is much harder to me. We normally shoot up to three shots at each station in rotation then move on to the next station. From the sixteen or twenty seven wobble is considerably much harder to me. I used to average 24 from the sixteen then they installed the wobble machine and my average dropped to 20. Jackie B.

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

ditto what 2Straight said...

Jay

14. pitt4570

pitt4570 Member

we shoot wobble at our club we have beomats the low bird is set at one meter spread in the 5 hole and speed at 52 mph shoot at 17 yard line and start shooting more fun than 16 yard you get to move the gun have fun thats what its about

15. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

Some good info at the link above. . .

- - Bill

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Just think about this: All 16 yard targets will be shot at 52 MPH and #4 to #5 hole targets, set to wobble, only one shot allowed. How many 200 straights would there be? Talk about savings to the ATA on targets used in shootoffs.

Then this would seperate the men from the boys, and those shooters that used to stay on the porch, are now shooting again.

Maybe we should allow 2 shots at each target, this would help in target sales, and gun sales for O/U as malfunctions on automatics would be disallowed, and malfunctions on O/Us would be disallowed also. In otherwords no malfunctions are allowed.

You better have a well functioning gun.

Now here comes the ATA our traps will not wobble, well we will shoot the traps at #4 and #5 hole targets and 52 mph, set by radar gun, 10 ft high, distance is not needed, speed is what determines the distance.

I like competetive targets.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Gary,
    You need to come west and shoot some games here. We shoot a wobble/continental trap cranked up to maximum speed, height and angles. We shoot buddies at the thirty yard line and Annies at the sixty, sometime more. Great fun.........

Surfer

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Right on Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to shoot wobble trap

shooting wobble trap
what is wobble trap
what is wobble trap shooting
wobble shooting