1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to shoot the BarraKuhna

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Hold even.

Look just below the red circle.

Call and put both eyes on the target.

Fire as the red circle comes across where you are looking.

With a flat poi the game becomes an intersection task. As you get better through the day, you find yourself looking lower and getting a jump on the targets. Sometimes no horizontal movement is necessary. If the target comes up where you are holding you just fire. Since the scope is mounted well above the bbl you have a clear view to the lip of the house and you can see all target angles include straight aways. You have a full range of view for all angles. This is huge.

You must stay visual and you must focus on the target the entire time after the call. Any variation from this and you will miss. Any lapse in concentration results in less than smoke. Any lapse in your mental game and you get pieces or a loss.

Shoot too soon and you miss. Swing past the target and you miss.

There's very little vertical movement needed to break targets with this gun. You move horizontally to pick them up. It's important not to hold too high or you'll be over the widest angles and have to come down to get them which is not good. You can hold higher when there's a wind in your face. If you're having a slow day, you will have to go up to get them, but you can do that easily. It's still an intersection problem.

The scope is in front of your on-shoulder eye giving you gun cues where you need them. The non-dominant eye has only the target to see; no bead, no rib, and no bbl. You shoot this gun with both eyes open.

It took me about 3 shooting sessions of 4 rounds each to get used to shooting this gun after being away from it for a month. I don't know how long it would take someone else. When I first started shooting it in the spring, I noticed an advantage right away because of my cross firing issue. My brain gave up on the cross firing strategy after 1 or 2 rounds. It's a distant memory now.

This has solved my cross firing problem. Yesterday I got 23 smoked targets by the end of a day of 3 rounds. This is a guess because I wasn't counting. I lost my mental game completely when my friend to my left missed. Then I missed my one target. We were challenging each other to smoked targets. If I stay on my game I can shoot 24s and 25s. It's really up to me.

I found my gun.

Joe

joekuhn_2008_030343.jpg

And look who helped.

joekuhn_2008_03039.jpg

Joe

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Quick, turn the hounds loose!!!!!!

GneJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.