1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to shoot a release?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by joegriff, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joegriff

joegriff Member

I'm considering a release trigger for one of my BT99's. What and how do you safely unset trigger when you get a broken bird.

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Keep the trigger depressed and break open if hinge gun or pull back bolt on others. RG

3. tj303

tj303 Member

Keep firm pressure on the trigger, with other hand push lever over, after action starts to open you can release the trigger safely. Practise with snap caps before using live ammo. TJ

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Let go.

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Always but always carry green paint to paint the back of the trap house.

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

"Make sure that the gun is uncocked before you move from a station if you miscount targets like some of us do sometimes."

Not only should the gun be "uncocked", it should be empty of all ammo and the action should be open before changing stations.

Easystreet

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I am retraining the brain with my first release trigger gun. The learning curve seems to be VERY short. (Thank Heavens)

I am NOT one to become lax with firearms safety. Now I wish I had made the switch YEARS ago.

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Mama shesa tolda me....Son, shesa say.....ifa you pulla da trigger, you a better hold that mama tighta, otherwise you gonna blowa you foot plum offa you leg. Thata relesasa trigger, shesa pretty bad thing ifa you nota careful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.