1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to ship

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rmctaggart, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

how do i pack and ship a shotgun never sent one before want to make sure it gets there in the same shape i shipped it in what should i use bubble wrap or other packing thanks in advance. irish gun

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

When you are shipping a gun and your not going to get the case back I make what I need.

I had a BT-99 that I sold and I took the forearm and rapped it in an old bed sheet with alot of padding. Did the same with the reciever and stock. Tapped it all to gether and then rolled cardboard around the gun with 3 layers. Cut cardboard for the ends and tape the hell out of the whole thing. It will look ugly but no one will want to steal it or think its worth stealing because they will not think its a gun.

DO NOT UNDER PACK IT EVER. I use to work for UPS and they don't care how they treat the boxes. They will throw them they will crush them and they can read or don't read whats on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.