1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to ship powder/primers??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tad houston, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I would like to tap into the vast knowledge base here at TS.com. I just purchased a "lot" of trap goods from another gentleman here on TS.com. Several guns, a reloader, empty shells etc. The problem is it included 8 lbs of powder and about 700 primers. Without any previous experience with these items we are now discovering that shipping from VA. to MO. is not as simple as taking the stuff to the UPS Store and dropping some coin.

First, the guns are to be shipped FFL to FFL. Can these items be shipped through the same channels to alleviate some of the difficulties?

I am sure that within moments I will have a solution, THANKS in advance.

Tad

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Due to Hazmat fees it probably would not be worth it to ship only 8 lbs of powder and 700 primers.

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

you cannot ship powder and primers unless you are a hazmat certifide shipper check ups online for a shipper in your area they can send for you cost is $20 as of now and any thing you can get in that box up to 140lbs will go for the 20 ricks1

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

UPS has the FFL to FFL requirement as their own policy, it is not required by law.

You can ship in state with no FFL. To another state, the gun has to be received by an FFL holder.

You will not be able to gain on the primers and powder because the Hazmat fee will make it too pricey. Better off to put it on the board at a local club or 2. Someone will surely want them if priced right.

HM

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who makes the Hazmat rules, the shipper or our gov?

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shipper makes the rule. Easy money.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

YOU cannot ship primers or powder or any ORM-D haz-mat materials yourself by FedEx or UPS unless you have their certification. The certification is a one-day $600 course I was told by UPS. You may, as suggested above, go through a haz-mat certified local shipper.

You can try, but I would hate to stand he liability if someting happened.

Whiz White<BR>
    FFL Dealer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.