1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to sell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revbook, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revbook

revbook Member

In the past there have been threads with good advice on selling guns. The posts covered such things as FTF or FFL transfer, inspection period and even shipping concerns. Of course I printed it out but can't find it now nor has a search of the site found it for me. HELP

Don

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

How to sell a gun:

1. Clear crisp pictures.

2. Price.

3. Clear crisp pictures.

4. Whether FTF or to FFL.

5. Clear crisp pictures.

6. Sipping, included or not.

7. Clear crisp pictures.

8. Quick answer to PMs and emails.

9. Clear crisp pictures.

10. Date of manufacture or any other info that makes the gun unique or desirable.

3. shaggist

shaggist Member

Read your owner's manual about how to use the macro mode for 'clear, crisp pictures'.

Jack Young

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Yup Don aint nothing that helps sell like good clear pictures and a realistic price!!

Jerry Lewis

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

all the presented ideas are good but I would add that you should furnish a name and phone #. A person to person call is good. Rate your gun a little lower than it is so the buyer is more than happy. do not over describe the gun. Along with clear crisp pictures I would add that a lot of pictures is great and if you have any assecories or a box by all means tell about it and photograph them

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I would add your location. You may find a buyer close by and make it easier and cheaper for you and the buyer.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

LOP, release/pull or both, rib adjustable or not, comb adjustable up/down/cast, tubes/no tubes (how many). I've seen these questions asked over and over.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Make sure you put your offering in the "For Sale" section.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Make sure you have clear crisp pictures ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

When you are trying to take your clear and crisp photos make sure you don't put the gun on a white sheet as the white sheet fools the meter in your camera and you get a nice, well-exposed photo of the white sheet but the gun is under-exposed and you can't see any detail. Also take a good look at the photos before you post them to see if they are in-focus. If they aren't in-focus stand back a little and try again --- and check them again.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you need to resize the photos there is a simple free program that can do that and more called IrfanView.

12. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

There is an automatic resizer on the page used to insert photos -- works great.

13. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Barrel length helps.

14. jhoward

jhoward Member

Preferred method of payment. If you prefer credit card payment, say so. Had one sale yanked out from under me because someone else came in later and offered to pay with a CC as opposed to a money order.

If you want/need a copy of the buyer's FFL be sure to ask for it up front. It will save time and aggravation on both ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.