1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to sell gun on this site

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by $$90-T$$, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

What is the procedure to selling a gun on this site that will ensure that both parties don't get ripped off. I live in calif. I know I have to send it to buyers ffl, but do I have to use a ffl on my end? Also, when would I ship the gun? After I receive his money? If that's the case how does that ensure him of not getting hosed? I did a search on this topic but didn't get my answers. Thank you for the help in advance. Josh Andersen

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have only done 2 transactions, I used and paid for FFLs on both ends. I had the money sent right to the FFL through my bank. Was recieved by my FFL checked out and delivered. My FFl CONTACTED HIS. had no problems. Make sure to get all and as much contact info as possible.

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

Its mostly trust and if buying off this site ask the forum what they think of the seller....I have bought and sold a lot on this site and have never been disappointed or burned...

It is customary to send payment to the seller and then he ships the item to you, be sure some kind of inspection period, usually 72 hrs or 3 days is included for return of funds if not satisfied....

On auction site ie Auction Arms or GunBroker each seller/buyer is rated...

hope the info helps...

regards

Chuck

4. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Thanks to all that responded, I really appreciate it. Cleared things up nicely. Josh Andersen

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't forget about shipping. Who pays? Usually the buyer. Mike

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Also remember that CA has passed another "PITA" law with regards to FFLs doing business in CA. Some dealers are refusing to ship firearms to CA.

(Quick C&P)

"Under Penal Code Section 12072(f)(1) any FFL dealer shipping a firearm to a California FFL dealer must first have a letter of approval from the State of California. The dealer doing the shipping (no matter what state they are in) and the dealer doing business in California must first be registered in a State Department of Justice database of dealers."

I guess the state of CA doesn't believe the BATF does a well enough job.

Doug

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've sold a couple and purchased a number of items. n both cases I received the money before I shipped the guns (to an FFL) and had many phone calls from the buyer, before a deal was made. Trust has to be established.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.