1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to rid mice and rats safely.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ray6187, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray6187

ray6187 TS Member

buy a small bottle of pure peppermint at your local cvs or wallgreens ,pour a small amount in a small cup and place it where they hang out .they can't stand the smell and will leave,worked for me...... attn.Setterman

2. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

A variation is to put the peppermint oil into a cotton ball and place the cotton ball into a bottle cap and you can place the cap where you wish. If you crimp the cotton ball in with the rim of the bottle cap and then glue the cap to the top of a trunk or hood or such, you do not even have to worry about knocking it off or putting something on it (like a parcel in a truck). You will have to refresh the oil in the ball every so often depending on how hot and how much air is circulating in the area where the ball is located.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Will it work on Liberals?

I wiped some on my computer, but still see the usual trolls on other threads.

4. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Rick, you have to wipe the truth on liberal trolls, they can't stand it...Bill

5. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

It might work, but you just push the problem down the road, onto your neighbors. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Adopt a couple of cats from a shelter or rescue agency. They make good pets, kill all the excess mice and rats, along with moles and voles. A few birds get thrown in the mix for dietary variation, but they were going to be eaten by the hawks and fox anyway.

Danny

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you have no other pets around, IF you have no other pets around, a bowl of antifreze with a chunk of peanut butter floating in it will do the trick.

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Put some Coca Cola in a small bowl or plastic lid, place it where they can drink it. Mice and rats, being unable to burp or fart will just blow up and self destruct. No problem!!!

GneJ

8. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

A plastic 5 gal pail with 3 gals of water in it and a board to make a ramp up to the pail will get alot of rats. Did that on the farm all the time.

9. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

On a related recipe, I got rid of a skunk family with a chili pepper mix. I boiled a couple of cups of cayenne pepper with a yellow onion and a few jalepenos, when it cooled I strained into a bug sprayer. I sprayed around the shed area and so far nary a little track!

10. fcolonna

fcolonna TS Member

"Will it work on Liberals?"

No. My wife is a liberal and she loves the smell, has bottle caps all over the house.

Pray for me please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.