1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove KX5 release trigger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtand 99, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

I have read that it is not hard to put a release trigger back to pull on the KX5---but that you need a different screw that changes the creep in the trigger----Where is that screw located and where can I find one----any pictures would be of great help----I removed the hook from the top of the trigger but it has left alot of creep in the trigger---Thanks Norbert

2. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

3. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

4. KS user

KS user TS Member

Ther should be a screw on the very back of the trigger guard that is threaded at an angle.That is your adjustment screw.

5. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

I just installed one from a member here. Take the stock off. The inside is readily visible. The front trigger pin goes through the small release part that catches the smaller (lower)hook on the hammer. Push the holding pin just enough through until the release part can be removed(no more than that). Remove the release part, put your pin back through. Put your gun back together. The rear catch controls the normal pull trigger and is likely already pretty well adjusted. Test your work with a snap cap or dead hull before firing. Hope this helps

6. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

Thanks to all those that responeded here or with email----I think I have a good idea how to proceed----Norbert

7. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

There's a good chance that the screw that adjusts travel has been shortened. I purchased one that had been switched back to pull. The trigger travel was terrible. I had to replace the screw with a longer one. I called Kreighoff and they would not send the screw. Braxton said it was a restricted item and that the gun would have to be returned to them. I went to a store called Fastenal and purchased 3 of them. Good luck --Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do you change a krieghoff kx-5 trigger to pull from release

kx5 trigger adjustment pictures