1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove Gel Pad from Beretta 391

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I just acquired a nice Beretta Tekneys 391 with a Gel Pad. I am thinking about putting a different pad on it or perhaps a spacer to get a little extra LOP. I don't see any stock hole screws in the recoil paid. I do see a "staple like" piece of metal on the top edge of the pad. Have I not looked closely enough for the screw holes that may be there or is the pad attached in some other manner ?

Thanks in advance

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It may be one of the Beretta non-screw pads where you slide the staple looking thing straight up which takes the tension off the holding brackets...use a flat screw driver to slide the latch up.

Check the Beretta website for a more detailed instruction,

Curt

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Pull on the staple looking thing and it'll slide right of. There are retaining buttons that the clip slides over that holds it in place. This way makes it easy to remove the pad so the stock can be removed for shim change and cleaning.

ss

4. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Simple removal when you know the trick. Anyone know if there are different thicknesses of gel pads available from Beretta or another source ? I need to add 1/4" to 3/8" to the LOP.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

They originally came in two sizes (a large and a small), and these could be had in two thicknesses.

There were also offers of color and finnish (smooth and scaled).

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Both Kickeze and Limbsaver sell pre-fit pads for the 391 that will ad 1/4" to the length of pull. My experience is that they are a good fit - better than
    the gel pad. Also the X-coil pre-fit pad made my Hi-Viz is excellent, but a little shorter. That's the one I'm using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gel pad for berretta 391