1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove ejector trip rods from Perazzi?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cottondoctor, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

What is the trick to removing ejector trip rods from a Perazzi MX2000? I don’t want to break or damage anything –there must be a trick to it……..

Thanks

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

No tricks involved, remove stock, trigger assembly, and grab the L section of the trip rod with needle nose pliers and pull out.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Some slide easily.. some need a yank...

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Many times the back of the rods are staked in place with one or two center punches on the receiver metal.

You can easily push them out from the front of the receiver with a small punch.

When I reinsert them or a replacement, I never restake them. I have yet to see one fall out. Pretty darn hard to have that happen, if you inderstand how they function in relationship to the hammers.

WHEN YOU REINSERT THEM, USE SOME OIL.

WW

5. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

thats what makes this a great site, good question, great answers from those who know what they are talking about.

Rick

6. reedrew

reedrew TS Member

Go to jim "whiz" white.com and it will give you diagrams and instructions on exactly how to do it... Dr. Reed

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I don't understand ejector timing but I know that the bend in the trip rod is for a reason so don't try to straighten it. My usual trigger on my MX3 Doubles gun will eject both empties at the same time but the spare trigger ejects one empty at a noticeably different time than the other.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I use the wooden handle on a small cleaning brush to place under the "L" tip of the rod and then use somewhere on the receiver as a fulcrum to pry it out. No chance to damage anything.

9. whiz white

Timing is kind of a misnomer on the Perazzi's.

The timing really had to do with the overall length of the rod. The tip of the rod has a flat on its top front. This flat "trips" part number 308 (Right Ejector Sear), and/or 317 (Left Ejector Sear), which in turn, and because the forward end of the sear in the forearm is then moved down, and this releases the actual ejector(s) 203 & 204 letting them "pop" back.

The "timing" issue is such that you don't want the ejector being tripped before the barrel is opened enough which would cause the hull to smack the receiver face, and conversely so if the rods' ends are worn, no ejection occurs, only a lifting happens... and some prefer lift over ejection.

When the ejector rods (or their respective sears) are worn to a point, they will not eject at all. And, on some occasions, with the installation of a new rod the hulls may eject too soon. One may need to hone off a few thousandths on the rod's forward tip - carefully!

Usually a new rod will cure the problem, but I have replaced some sears here in the shop too; a rarity, however.

Whiz

10. wm rike

wm rike Member

Question for you who know - do the rods normally have a slight bow to them to keep them from sliding out?

11. whiz white

TM1 rods were bowed, but that probably had more to do with the flat spot machined on them.

The new Perazzi rods I have here are not bowed, at least I sure can't see any bow in/on them. They won't fall out anyway. The hammer's side groove should keep them in at least that far.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
changing ejector perazzi mx 8

how do you disable the ejector on a perazzi mx 15

how to reassemble perazzi mx2000
how to replace ejector trip rod perazzi
how to time a perazzi ejector
perazzi ejector trip rod
perazzi ejector trip wire
what kind of ejector on perazzi tm1