1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove add on rib?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Have no idea who made this rib, wonder how to remove it without damage the original rib under it. Any help would be highly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Tie a piece of fishing line/dental floss between two washers and use it as a saw to cut the adheasive tape. You may have to work around the midbead if the add-on rib was relieved for it.

ss

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The fishing line gig is the the way to go if double side tape was used. Heating it with a blow dryer first helps. The balance of the adhesive can be removed with Rubbing alcohol or gun scrubber.

4. Setterman

Dave Berlet's ribs slide over the existing rib too, but he uses only double sided tape to adhere it.

5. Setterman

Yes,and his are plastic,and he mills the material out to fit over your rib. I have one on My Super X-1 sporting gun. This one however,looks like the return over the rib is deeper. I don't think it's one of Dave's.

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Thank you gentlemen for your help. Got it.

And Rick, you're correct.

The front screw holds it from sliding, I removed it then tap on the rear using a plastic block between the hammer, it moved, but it's very tight, it'll take a while to got it off.

The the rib is plastic. As long as I know it'll come off, it's fine. I'll take it off later.

I have not shot it yet, the add on rib together with a PFS stock on this TM1 makes it an interesting trap gun for me.

I'll shoot it this weekend, make sure everything worked fine before I put it on here to sell it. It's a partial payment from a loan, take it or leave it situation, not my personal gun.

Here's a preview:

[​IMG]

And the PFS:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

removing upper rib from trap gun