1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Post Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bryce720, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Just like the title says, I'm trying to figure out how in the world to take an excel spreadsheet and post it on the forum. I'm pretty computer savvy, but can't figure this out for the life of me. Thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If its a pdf file which I believe it is, I've never figured it out other than providing a "cut n paste" link for others to use to access the file. If you convert it to a jpg, then you could post it like a photo. There should be free converters available on the Internet to accomplish that conversion. Just Google it.

3. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Thanks, i'll give it a shot.

Bryce

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of money and shoots at our club. What I have done is print out what I want, scan it to a pdf file, scan it, then copy and paste

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

You can use the Windows Snipping tool to grab an image of your spreadsheet and save it to a .jpg file. Then upload the image to ts.com and reference it in your post.

Or you can upload your spreadsheet to a Google 'Drive' and open it up for everyone to see. Then reference the file in the 'Website URL' text box.

Here I took an image from a Google Drive file that I have and snipped part of it as a sample:

[​IMG]

6. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I have always printed my spreadsheet out then I ended up scanning it and then pulling it out of my picture files and posted it on a forum. But I think that joe kuhn way would be a lot easyer.

Thanks Joe!

7. gaengineer

gaengineer Member

Nitropdf and primopdf are two free programs which allow you to print from any program to a pdf file. Just select them add the printer and give the save location . Skips having to print then scan.
    Marcus

8. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

You can "Hilight" the cells then right click with your mouse. Then you can hit copy. That puts the cells in your clipboard memory. Then go to this site and paste them into your post by right clicking on the mouse and clicking on "PASTE"
    That doesn't take the gridlines with it but the contents of the cells.

Chuck

Search tags for this page

post spreadsheet on forum