1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to open washing machine?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I think we've got a sock between the drum and the box. Smells musty. It's a ten year old Kenmore from Sears. How do I get the darn thing open?

Thanks.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Take a screwdriver and pry up the top section the lid is on. Clips hold this top on.

3. TC

TC TS Member

A stiff putty knife works best. Slip it into the gap between the top and the front panel, then move it side to side to find the clips. Pull it out and press straight back into the clip this will release it. Then do the other one. There should be two clips, one toward the left and the other toward the right. The top will lift up just like the trunk lid of a car. Tony

4. joe kuhn

Must be a different model. I don't see any clips in the between the top and the font and I can see pretty well in between when I put pressure between the two pieces with my screw driver. Just around the corner I see a piece of plastic between the top and the side. I think there's a bolt in there that's holding it.

Tried to force it and the enamel started to crack and pop. I'm missing something here.

5. joe kuhn

Found website above. Will try.

6. joe kuhn

Even though their link to MSN Groups doesn't work (probably have to suscribe), they gave me enough of a hint. 2 screws on front of panel, 2 on back and control panel comes up. Then big clips in back, 1 electrical plug and the box falls forward. Now I can get at the plastic tub and metal drum to see what lurks inside.

Thanks guys.

7. joe kuhn

Flashlight proved there was no sock. Lots of hair and lint. Like cleaning the shower drain only worse. Service guys shouldn't have to deal with this!

Getting the lid off the tub cost me two little nubs. You have to push down on the lid before prying with the screw driver. Not bad.

Holga is happy - I have bonus points with her for my next shooting trip. Saved enough for 8 pounds of powder.

Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.