1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to loosen a trigger screw on Beretta 682?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I just picked up a nice 682 from Handlepuller (thank you) and would like to adjust the location of the trigger. I cannot loosen the screw. It is a very small slotted brass colored screw.

Any ideas or tricks for getting this to break loose?

David

2. Borg

Borg Member

If you have not got it loose. I would try laying the gun on it's side with the screw head facing up and put a drop of PB Blaster on it. Let it soak down through the threads over night. Worth a try anyway.
    Peter

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Somebody might have glued it in place when they adjusted it. Try a couple different solvents on it. As a last resort you try heating it with the tip of an electric soldering iron, let it cool and see if it loosens up. HMB

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I had one on my 90T and went to a great gunsmith who put a screwdriver in the slot and while twisting it he struck it with a small hammer. Popped loose easily

5. maka

maka Member

I recently had to remove a similar screw from my Beretta. After several failed attempts with various screw driver I have I, took it to my local Body shop. Fellow used a hardened Snap On srew driver. Two seconds latter screw was out. Good luck.

6. BD457

BD457 Member

I had the exact same problem. one drop of Kroil, waited 10 minutes, turned it loose like it was never even tightened. Give that a try first before an drastic measures. Be sure the screwdriver fits the slot.

Mike

7. uncle-buck

uncle-buck TS Member

The threads are on the end of the screw, away from the head. That's where you want to put the Kroil or whatever you decide to use on them.

8. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A regular screwdriver has a tapered tip, you need a different screwdriver, one that has a specially ground tip. You can all the Beretta USA service department at 1-800-237-3882 (1-800-BERETTA).

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Karla, what would you possibly know about a Beretta? Just kidding. :>)

Hi, from Jim at the Minneapolis Gun Club.

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

When the screws are tightened, they are stopped against the bottom of the head, not the end of the thread. At times I've wondered if Beretta uses an impact driver to install this little screw.

On occassion, I've needed to put the receiver in the vise on my mill, and install a proper fitting screwdriver bit into the chuck. Using the chuck as a handle, most times the screw will "crack" loose. Other times I've had the screw head break through the slot. In this case, the drills need to come out.

Doug

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hey Jim, we were just talking about you at lunch today. Would you email me at karlaannharrison@hotmail.com
    Thanks....Karla

12. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

Thank you for the insight Doug. Another job coming your way. Kroil did not loosen it.

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If it's got the RED LOCKTITE on it, it isn't going to come out w/o heat.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable trigger screw beretta 682

beretta 682 loose trigger

beretta 682 trigger adjustment