1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to help balance the Federal Budget

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wilma Harris, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

How To Save The Gov't $5 Million

A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year. Assuming the next president lives to age 80, Sen McCain would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president.

Sen Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive
    $4,973,800 in pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect McCain in November.

How's that for non partisan thinking???

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Just for the sake of argument, $191 thousand for 26 years is a little less than $5 million. The deficit this year is around $500 billion. Your "savings" over a quarter century is about one part in 100,000 of this year's deficit. Give me a break!

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Spend LESS than you take in....and use 15% for current debt service. Easy formula just HARD to follow when the money you spend IS NOT YOURS!!!!

4. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Pocatello lighten up a little bit. The thread said it would HELP, not balance the Fed. Budget. Just thought this might help some of the undecided voters.

5. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Southbend, ANY reason to keep obama out of the whitehouse is a good one. Your reason is as good as anyones.

AJ100

Lets hear pocatello's reason for keeping obama out.

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Because he is all style, no substance, and would be the biggest disaster as President since Jimmy Carter.

However I worry for the future for my kids and grandkids. One of the many problems they will face is the debt we keep loading on them, exacerbated by the relentless growth of entitlement spending, and glib "solutions" such as that posed by Southbend aren't funny to me, even when said in jest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.