1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get shell rim on reloads back to specs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ExFedex, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

They are not worth reloading. My tired 1100 would not close on a batch of brand new RIO trap loads due to shell rim being way out of limits. Try Estates.

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

You switch to estates, you go to what I've found to be one of the most inconsistent shells ever. I've mentioned this on here before, one shell could beat the crap out of your shoulder and the next could go "puff" and the wad barely clear the barrel. I try to avoid estates, I just take the boxes from people who do shoot them. And not only are they inconsistent but smell bad too. JMHO

-Jollytrapshooter

3. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Doc ,

As I recall , a Super Sizer is a collet-type resizer that will not reduce the thickness of the flange . If you can check a MEC "Reconditioner" , I think you'll find that the ring-type resizer can be adjusted to squeeze the flange . The pitfall may be that in squeezing the flange , it may increase the OD of the flange because I think the flange will be unrestrained . Please verify that .

also , the reconditioner will deprime a case whereas the I don't think super sizer does ---- if that is of any consequence .

Charlie

4. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Jolly,I would suspect your load data (the components you are using) or loading process may be contributing more to shell inconsistencies than the hull. I, like many others, have reloaded tens of thousands of estate hulls and they work just fine.

What components are you using?

5. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

How did the thread get from Rio to Estates?

Post-2

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thread migration?

7. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

Doctor....Try to find a "MEC CASE CONDITIONER".....This was a perfect tool for any Mec reloaders bench. It resized oversized heads upon depressing; took care of the rim thru proper adjustments and removed the old primer all in one pull of the handle. Dies were available for converting to 10mag thru 410. Over a few years I have collected 5. Just as "Ford" nutzed away the Thunderbird Mec did the same by no longer offering the CASE CONDITIONER,...RUN'EM....Danny B

8. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

""""""""Thread migration?""""""""""

HaHaHaHaHa!!!

9. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Gary, try a PW loader it takes them back to factory specs.
    Don

10. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

you need a resisor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.