1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get ahold of a moderator

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by south.texas.dead.I, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. south.texas.dead.I

south.texas.dead.I TS Member

I think trapshooters.com should activate the forum to be compatible with tapatalk which is a mobile forum app for smart phones. I use it for shotgunworld along with mant other members of that forum and think it's insanely fast and easy to navigate through as opposed to the regular mobile version.
    Heres the link for whoever can do it http://tapatalk.com/register.php

2. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Do you need a moderator?

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I think trapshooters.com should activate the forum to be compatible with tapatalk which is a mobile forum app for smart phones."

A the very bottom of the page there is a click able link to either a moderator or David the site owner. The link says,

"To report problems with this site email email us"

Bob Lawless

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

They're slippery devils. I usually try to get one of those ratcheting loops like dog catchers use around their necks, then wrestle them to the ground and pin them.

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Wireguy---What do you do when you pin them?---Hows everything in San Diago---Been to Bear MT, latley?---Love that place---SJB---

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I'll tell you how things are in San Diego. The Miramar shotgun range is closed forever and won't be replaced. Southern California, which used to be the mecca of hot rodding, drag racing and shooting ranges, now hates us passionately, and San Diego County is leading the way. It's a sad place to live if you are a clay pigeon shooter, especially if you are an ATA type. I feel terrible for the trap shooters here.

7. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

did you ever get anywhere with this tapatalk suggestion? this would be great as my eyes are slowing going to pot from reading this forum on my iphone

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

ditto here....sucks on android.

9. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Funny I tried to offer suggestions that would make this forum MUCH easier to find and read threads, but all I got was ridicule and persecution. It would seem to make better sense that a V2 Bulletin style would aid in the ease of viewing this forum.

Bryan

10. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

i have no problem with the forum when using my laptop or desktop, it is just absolutely impossible to use on your mobile device. Im sure there are lots of people that use this website like I do. The tapatalk app is free and is a wonderfully simple installation for both the user and the forum moderators.

for those of you who have a smartphone or mobilie device you should check it out. shotgunworld.com uses this software so you can see how it works. it is very nice and it makes staying in touch with the forum super easy.

paul

11. ivanhoe

"I tried to offer suggestions that would make this forum MUCH easier to find and read threads, but all I got was ridicule and persecution."

That might be because at one time David asked the users about the use of different software on this thread. It was stated to him at that time that the users almost unanimously said to leave it the way it was. It was the best sight of its type on the web.

No one or almost no one, definitely the majority didn't want a change. So what you see is the will of the users of this site. David has added many features and improvements to the sight over time. Hope it helps you understand although I am not betting on it.

Bob Lawless

12. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

You know Bob that was an ok post until your last comment. I am sure there is some medication for your issue, but I am not betting on it.

Bryan

13. dhip

dhip Active Member

personally.I like it the way it is,use your computer,sitting down.Using a phone only leads to the possibility of someone doing so while driving,we have enough of that already.I know,archaic and old fashion,but it's safe.

Doug H.

14. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

There are lots of reasons someone may use their smartphone device to access the site.

No need for name calling guys.

15. ivanhoe

To the gentleman that just PMed me. I rest my case see for yourself!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

16. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I don't have one of those fancy phones so I can't comment on that issue, I fail to see any great problem with T.S. it is by far the easiest (& quickest) site I have found to navigate, it's all right here when you open it just click the category you want & like MAGIC there it is, no need to sort through several pages of other areas to find whatever your looking for. Plus the P.M. feature is the cats meow. Maybe there's something I'm missing??? (besides a brain) Ross Puls

17. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I know people hate change and everyone is really used to this format, but the newer forum formats are really much better. They can get complicated and messy, but if you don't go nuts with it, it will stay nice and clean while still being easier to use. I've run one on my own site and it was really easy to install and use.

18. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem, for me anyway, is just the sheer amount of info on the tiny screen. It's hard to see and hard to make my fat fingers hit the right keys.

19. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

This is what I mean, imagine the picture below on the screen of your phone. That's what I'm trying to look at.
    <a href="http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/kfbagt/?action=view&current=e8b5f8fa.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

20. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Zoom in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.