1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to fix a combo lock

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DelarockX, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

The lock on my case seems to be stuck. Anyone have any ideas how to open it? I did not forget the combo. I brought the gun locked in case to the club, shot two rounds, put gun away in case. When I went to take the gun out of the case, the right combo lock was jammed.

It is a browning cynergy locking case.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You probably changed the combination by accident. Change one number at a time keeping the others the same until it works. HMB

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Does the knob move? If it moves but latch doesn't open, then it's not the combination.

In this case, try to lightly pry the latch, see if the spring is broken.

If the latch is locked in place while knob is moved to the far end, the releasing rod is broken. You'll have to pry the latch open.

4. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

I have a feeling i may have changed the combo by accident.

What's interesting is that the wheels on the combo pretty much lock when I'm at the combo I picked.

I picked 983, and whenever I have the wheels on those numbers, it becomes very hard to turn the dials.

The knob does not move at all.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thats why i never use those dang locks. I leave the little red plastic thinga bobbers that comes in them from the factory. You are supposed to remove them and set your combo. Hell i'd forget the combo and loose the paper i wrote them on in case i forgot. LOL

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do you reset browning cynergy case combination