1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to fit chokes to Perazzi barrel?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bill Marsh, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

Just bought an MX3 Perazzi with a 12ga light weight 1.41KG barrel.

The barrel is labeled "skt and skt." I could see it had a slightly larger diameter about three inches back from the muzzles. When I got it out in the sunlight, I could see that it has been threaded for chokes. The threads would have to be on the bottom of the choke tubes.

However no chokes were included when I bought the barrel and gun.

Now I need to find chokes or have some made(?) I tried -- just for size -- Beretta Optima, Mobil and Perazzi chokes, but they are all too big to go into the muzzle.

So what do I do now? Send the barrel to Briley, or someone else and have chokes made?

Sorry for being such a newbie, but we all gotta start somewhere.......

Help

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You got a barrel without any chokes in it?? You could also have Stu Wright look at it. here is Brileys page for the Perazzi chokes.

3. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

Thanks for the link to Stu Wright and I have emailed the Seller. He is a broker. more than a collector. He bought this gun to sell. I hope that he can get in touch with the original owner and see if the chokes are available. Probably sitting in a box in a drawer somewhere.

4. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

Seller has no idea where chokes might be.

Called Briley and they said it would take about $100 each custom choke. Take 4 to 5 weeks.

Called Seminole and they said they needed $300 and that would make me 6 custom extended chokes, any constrictions I want. Take about a week, plus shipping time. More than 6 chokes would be $50 each.

Barrel goes to Seminole tomorrow.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Surely they'll take a cast of the end of the barrel with cerrosafe or plaster or something to see if they can establish if its a recognized standard choke tube pattern.

Make sure they do that FIRST!

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm sure seminole will measure and check them against their collection of choke standards. It's doubtful that they were not a version of somebodies standard.

JC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

seminole perazzi weight