1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to delete all of my posts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Neil Winston, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Right at the top of the page is a link to edit or delete posts. Just click on it and erase away, Dave.

Neil

2. bocephus

bocephus Member

I am sure you could have deleted all of them 1 at a time quicker than writing an email to ask how

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

copper get his feelings hurt?

4. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Whatever! Not sure how he could possibly get his feelings hurt as eloquently as he speaks and writes!? Tom Rhoads

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

I don't think he actually deleted all his posts. I think he just hit the spellcheck button...and every last word disappeared.

6. Neil Winston

copper said in another post that he seemed to attract the "worst people here" and I told him he hadn't yet.

. . . but that was, of course, before Buzz smelled blood in the water . . .

Neil

7. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If your gonna swim with sharks, don't bleed.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I thought we already cleaned up "this site" once. Moderaters were established and went sort of nutsoid.

If posters come on here and make dumb statements then expect to be corrected. Just like the real world. Posters come from all walks of life just like the real world, so if you expect everyone to be warm and fuzzy, you are on the wrong site.

Reference is made to all the "nice" people who have left because of rudeness and I don't buy it. I think it is due to staleness of topics, off shooting topics, nonshooter invasion, non-trapshooters passing themselves off as experts and insisting we change our sport.

Don

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Paul in Mn

Maybe Mike and Phil K realized they over-reacted. Maybe they realized that by leaving they let the jerks win and decided that was unacceptable. Or maybe they just sucked it up and went on with life - which is what anyone with character does when he gets beaten down. Maybe a bit of all of the above.

If a person is on this site for a month, they learn who is a horse's ass and who adds value. If they are driven away by the jerks they have a problem; because they are also leaving the "good guys" who are in the majority here.

Frankly, I expect to see Devi come back. She has made many more friends here than enemies and it sad it has taken so long for her to realize that.

I have seen Neil take some dumb comments over his graphs and studies but he hangs in there and makes a significant contribution to our knowledge. Even the guys who take those cheap shots read his posts. I suspect they eventually begin to question their "beliefs" as Neil explains the rationale for how he does his testing and what the results demonstrate. If they are ignorant they will learn; if they are stupid they do not.

I have met some very fine people who sometimes come off a little "aggressive" on this site. Tron, BigDon, Alf-99 come to mind immediately. I would not have met them without TS.com

I would not like to see this site changed. If you write something dumb, expect to be nailed - and learn from it. If you write something good, be prepared to defend it. I do not see anything wrong with that.

We are not perfect but what is?

Don Verna

10. Neil Winston

Paul, there is plenty of room for sharp disagreement in many walks of life; there's no reason to sanitize TS.com to pretend it doesn't exist.

In my case, a take particular exception to people posting technical information which is clearly simply made up and I've worked too hard to get good patterning information (for example) to let someone just type and essentially tell readers here his information is just as valid as mine. So I go after them and don't pretend otherwise. A personal attack? I guess you could call it that, and if I have the data to call something BS it is little different from calling the writer a BSer, but, I figure, who cares? If that's what's going on, why withhold my best argument and let someone get away with misleading readers here?

Neil

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Who's to say anyone really left, maybe they just changed their sign-on name?

12. chipking

chipking TS Member

I never got to see copper's post so I'm not sure of the content but I have the same question. I have several hundred "old" posts just kinda hanging around. I know they take up space somewhere and I would love to clean them out in a single bite rather than doing it one at a time with multiple "are you sure you want to do this" for every post. Can it be done? How?
    Thanks

--- Chip King ---

13. bocephus

bocephus Member

Some people like to use the search feature to see if a subject has been talked about before starting a new thread to rehash what has already been done. Those of you that delete your posts only make that option worthless for some. If you can't live with what you post, don't post it! And the same people that delete are probably the ones that whine the most when an old subject is brought up again.

I still believe a person should have 1 hour to edit mistakes in a post then it is closed to edit/delete.

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Let's not confuse "personal attack" with strong "disagreement". I have been called more names by the blithering idiots on this site than most. Ignore them and go on, they are what they are.

This site is well worth the price of a few insults. I have met so many good people/shooters across the country, even some I have strongly disagreed with. People's time and personal patterns change so you don't see them like you used to but doesn't mean they have left.

Hang in there.

Don

15. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

There is nothing blithering about bigdon.

16. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

Zara, What do you plan on doing? Switching your handle to the other hand?

BK

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Aw, Neil (*blush*)...if I didn't know better...I'd think you had a crush on me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

erase all my posts on xenforo