1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to deal with a telemarketer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Easystreet, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

That was good for a laugh. Thanks.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Kinda funny, probably a fake because you break the law if you record a phone conversation without telling the other party.

Having our numbers on the do not call list eliminates most of them at home. However, I still get them at the office. Most telemarketers are just people trying to earn a living with a very hard row to hoe. I just thank them for calling and tell them I am not interested and to have a good day. Why should I make their life any harder?

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Lets try this:

<object width="464" height="392"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/Mzc2MTg0"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/Mzc2MTg0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="464" height="392"></embed></object><br>http://view.break.com/376184 - Watch more free videos

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I get there home phone number if I can. then I say, "Listen, asshole I work the night shift and you just got me up in the middle of my sound sleep.

I'm going to call you every freakin night from now on on my lunch break at 4 AM!"

Sometimes they apologise.

HM

5. shooterchick

shooterchick TS Member

The fireman always call my house so I SCREAM really loud " O GOD MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE I GOTTA GO!!!! they usually hang up... its fun for the whole family...

6. old tex

old tex TS Member

Ask Merlyn, he has his own smooth technique for communicating with would be telemarketers.

unc

7. tachyon

tachyon Member

Jbrooks, In most states only one of the two parties has to "consent" in order for the recording to be legal. In Nebraska, I can record any conversation I have on the phone as I am the one "consenting".

The federal law only requires one person to consent. This makes it illegal to wiretap someones phone without a court order or the consent of one of the parties to the conversation.

An exception is if you use the recording for an illegal purpose (i.e. recording a conversation then blackmailing someone with the recording).

Twelve states require both parties to consent before recording. These are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

I do agree with your approach. The telemarketers are just trying to make a living.

8. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

I usally ask for there name and home phone number And politely tell them I'm not interested right now but should I change my mind I'll gladly call them at home. Usually I get a reply like " you won't my home phone number" I say yes you've got mine so it's only fair. They usually hang up there after.

9. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Shooterchick, I get calls from the firemans charity also. A couple of funny things about them locally is that none of the people you will talk to are firemen and those that are calling are getting to keep 86% of the money they collect. When we found that out we put out the word and also called in the radio talk show to complain. The firemen came and gave my union hall a new inspection when we were so vocal about it. The new inspection cost us about 2900 to fix a door where it opened the wrong way on a meeting room. Funny how for almost 20 years that door was ok. Only when we found out that the local firemen used a fund raising scam to collect their money that they give to kids at Christmas in their name did they change the complection of their inspections of our building. Nice huh? Almost all the local firemen are contractors "scabs" on their days off. Double dipping where they have the best jobs going on the civil service side with the highest pay and best benefits. NOt saying that they don't do a good job when on the job it's just that we are a small big town and white collar community to boot we are lucky here with few fires and those of us who are construction workers try to make it with our own side jobs and small contracts and some of the boys have to compete with a guy who works 24 off 48 and makes 60 per year. It's tough to compete with that kind of a head start. Dan

10. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

One of the guys I shoot with gave the Olin Mills telemarketer, the best story ever.. They asked for the Mrs, and he said.... she died yesterday, but she had just said she wanted their picture made together….If they did not hang up then, he would ask IF they could prop her up for the photo shoot….after that, he was off their calling list...Grubby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.