1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to cut and paste ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by amboy49, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

i sometimes read quotes or posts on the threads that i would like to pass on to fellow shooting enthusiasts, friends, etc. such as the "Rules for Gunfight."

I cannot, however, figure out how to either attach the subject post to an email - or cut and paste it into the hard drive. I considered trying to print the page(s) containing the information and then scanning into my computer but there must be an easier way.

Since my computer skills enable me to do just enough to really be dangerous and my 6 year old granddaughter isn't around to help ( she or someone of her age could probably help me in New York minute ) any suggestions or detailed step by step process would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Noel

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Noel. Left click and hold down and drag the cursor over the data, like this

i sometimes read quotes or posts on the threads that i would like to pass on to fellow shooting enthusiasts, friends, etc. such as the "Rules for Gunfight."

Then release an take the cursoer to the top of the page and go to EDIT and ther you will see "COPY". Hit copy and then go to your word document and again go to EDIT, but this time hit "paste" The highlighted area yu selected will be placed on your doc or email.

Cut refers to taking something from one area and moving it to another area. Cut and copy work similar.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

John. Let's consult beofer we duplicate our efforts. Hah!

4. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

Amboy49 tell me exactly what you are looking to do with copy/cut and paste and I will put together a screen captured video showing you exactly how to accomplish the task. Step by Step

5. ztrapshooter

ztrapshooter TS Member

I find it simpler to high lite with mouse then just hit control c then put cursor were you want hit control v
    done

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

first I create a new text document on my desktop, this is easy-right click on a blank spot and select new.

I highlight the text. Then I hit control-C(copy). then I go to the created document and put the cursor at the beginning. Hit control-V (paste) and you have a document to attach to your emails.

Then you can delete it or file it or whatever.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.