1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to convert sporting 682 for bunker trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Change to 24 gram.. Put the lead on the target..and they will break..

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Plus 1 on PBBs post.

--- Chip King ---

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Find out where you shoot it first. If it shoots 1 inch high at 13 yards, give it a go.

Also screw in an IM or Lt Full .030 choke on the bottom and Full .035 choke on the top or if you have a an Extra Full .040 constriction choke put that on the top.

Jason

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

verify your POI is not too high then shoot the heck out of it.

A number of shooters at US Nationals using that gun.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I suspect.. a sporting clays shooter..regardless of his POI.. can shoot bunker with the same gun.. His sight picture will be the same as what he is use to.. Most Sporting clays guns shoot pretty flat.. Who am I to tell any shooter what he should shoot well with...
    I remember at Kerrville.. there was an older man shooting a Browning..Had not a clue what the bore,choke,model of his gun was.. Bought it in a pawnshop for $500.. He's been shooting it for years..with.. might I say very good success.. Pattern board,poi???? Nope.... just a box of shells.. a wood rasp..a can of brown shoepolish to wax the area of the stock he filed down.. It really is that simple.. A good stockfitter could help.. He could not hold vast conversations about shells,and shot.. primers and powder.. case life and light firing pin hit..Chokes and bore diameter.. All he knew how to do was shoot... Put the lead on the target.. Motto was.. get'em fast while you can still see them.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.