1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to convert Perazzi release triggerback to pull

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by randy-s, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randy-s

randy-s Member

I have two Bowen release triggers for an MX8. One is single release and one is double release. How can they be converted back to pull? Maybe someone would like to trade for pull?

Thanks,

Randy

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Take the hooks out and they will be a very light pull trigger.

This is the poor man's solution. It will work, but it's not the best solution. To really have it converted back to a pull you should send it to a gunsmith.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Get a trigger smithy to change them back. Not something for an amateur.

4. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I bought an extra trigger group for my MX-8 from a guy & it was a Bowen double release. To convert it back to pull, besides removing the release hooks, a couple of parts need to be installed to do the job right, although the trigger will function without them. The parts are two retainer sleeves, part# 177, & two sear plungers, part# 178. I have an older parts list so can't swear these #'s are current. Also, the triggers may need to be adjusted to the desired pull weights & I think the recommentation to go to a gunsmith is good advice. Currently, I think Doug Hubbart is the man who services Bowen triggers so he may be the guy to contact{573-286-9905} or jd28hd@aol.com. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bowen release trigger parts mx 8