1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

How to clean bore snake

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ky4some, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky4some

ky4some Member

Got a bore snake to make cleaning barrels faster. Now it's pretty grimy. Is there a way to clean this thing?

Mike Kamer
  2. pigkiller

pigkiller TS Member

There was a thread about this awhile back. You might try a search to find it. I clean mine by soaking it in bleach and water; I've heard of others putting it in the washing machine. You might also consider tossing it after repeated cleanings--they're relatively cheap.
  3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

place in a container with a lid. Add warm water and Dawn dish detergent or Simple Green. Shake and let soak. Rinse then squeeze dry. Hang up and let dry completely.
  4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wrap it with a rubber band and put it in the washing machine with some old towels you use in the garage. Hang it to dry. It will dry in just a few hours. Do the washing at the laundry mat if you like the relationship you have with your wife. ;-)
  5. gunsnrods

gunsnrods TS Member

I put mine in an old boot sock, knotted sock shut, threw in washing machine with dirty jeans, etc....
  6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I first wet it lightly and spray it with 409 and let it soak a while then rinse off with the water hose. This gets some off. Can do this more than once.

I then put it in a 5 gallon bucket with dawn and water. Wash it by hand and let it soak and wash again. When you think iet is clean enough rinse with the water hose then hang up to dry.
  7. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I throw mine in a HISS PIT. Clyde ;)
  8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The easy way is to wash it in the upper rack of your dishwasher. Run a normal or "pots and pans" cycle and it will come out clean as a whistle. Air dry.
  9. Garb72

Garb72 TS Member

I have always thrown them in the wash with my work clothes and they come out looking new.

Travis
  10. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I have used John Galt's method quite a few times and I'm always surprised at how well it works. At the end of the dishwashing cycle, my Bore snakes look almost new, even though they don't get thrashed around like they would in a clothes washing machine.

Ted K.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.