1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to change the POI ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

If a BT-99 is set up to a 60/40 or more how can you lower the POI without having an adjustable comb. Pad on top of stock? Any ideas?

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You could try adding a higher front bead. You could remove wood from the comb area. The best thing to do would be to have an adjustable comb installed and have it double cut so that the comb could be adjusted lower....but that wasn't what you were asking.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Padding the top of the stock would have the opposite effect. Remember -- whatever you do to the comb, that's what happens to POI.

Up, down, right or left -- as goes the comb, so goes the POI.

-Gary

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Cut the comb or change your head position (not a good idea) or bend the barrel. 60/40 is already rather flat, I like my gun to be at least 100% high.

Pat Ireland

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Raise the front sight. Easiest way is to get a piece of balsa wood at the model store and make a little rib for the end of the barrel. Glue it on top of the existing rib and use a small pin with a bead on the end for a front sight. HMB

6. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Four34, The BT has a fair bit of ramp built into the rib and so affects the POI to go high. You could make the bead taller on the rib. that will lower POI. You can change the attitude of the gun as much as fit & comfort allows by putting the toe (pointy end) of buttpad up high on your shoulder (in the pocket). You could remove the pad and get a drop down kit (adjustable pad). Raising the rear of the gun will lower POI to some degree. My prominent cheekbone makes every gun shoot high for me. Reshaping the ramp with a balsa template does work well. Shoot patterns on paper to map your changes. TM

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Raising the front sight will lower the POI if you look at the front sight. But, for most, if they look at the front sight it really does not matter much where the gun shoots.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.