1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how to change the collet on a MEC 9000?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by missemucho, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missemucho

missemucho Member

In my normal ham-handed manner, I managed to break one of the fingers on my 9000 reloader. I bought the collet but no directions came with it for changing it. My friends at the range say it has to be screwed out thru the bottom of the reloader.

For those of you that have done this, any advice or tricks on how to replace this the easiest way possible? When I got the collet I also bought their "toolkit" with wrenches etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I possibly mess something up!
    John

2. deadapair17

deadapair17 TS Member

I have replaced the collet, and I'm thinking that the manual that came with the loader have the instuctions in it. Thanks, Don

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I think you can down load the info from there website. From what I remember you turn the loader upside down and unscrew the big nut. Then on top there is a cross pin that has to be unclipped and pushed out. HMB

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have been there and done that twice with my Grabber. I keep an extra collet on hand. I also have an older Sizemaster that uses the same collet.

It is not hard to change the collet and the instructions are available in your manual and the MEC web site. If you do not have a manual, go to the below reference and select the manual for your model.

http://www.mecreloaders.com/OwnerManuals/OwnerManuals.asp

Print out the manual. For a 9000, go to pages 22-23.

If you reload any of the new steel hulled shells like Estate and Gun Club, I suggest that you set the collet resizer to its maximum constriction.

Good luck.

5. missemucho

missemucho Member

Bought this loader used and didn't get the manual, but I did download part of one (of course I didn't go far enough to get to changing the collet!). Thanks for the advice.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.