1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to buy, ship and recv a Hi $$$ SG?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by KEYBEAR, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I guess number one is only sell to a trapshooters.com member .

I have sold guns in the $13,000.00 range to people on this site no problems .

You need to talk to the buyer/seller on the phone looking up his/her ATA number is not a bad idea . I don,t ship without a good copy of the FFL I,m shipping to (I may call the FFL ).

Always get a good check (money order- counter check ) and call the bank that issued the check if you think you need to .

Shipping is easy if you take your time .

BOX up the firearm very well tape is real cheap use alot . Pack it tight with lots of paper in the right place . Use FED-X over night and never ship on fridays (It may set over the weekend) . You will spend over 100 dollars shipping with ins. It,s a big part of selling/buying a firearm .

You can ship cheaper but it,s not worth the trouble you may run into .

Remember get the money first box it up like it,s never coming out of the box talk to the buyer/seller and don,t even think about buying more insurance then it is worth ( they will not pay)

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

Get lots of pictures of the gun. Esp those areas you are concerned about.
    Talk directly to the person selling the gun. Firm everything up,be clear on all parts of the transaction. Make sure you have return rights of 3-5 days(you will pay all postage & handling each way). Ask if you may fire the gun. Send a cashiers check or postal money order by certified mail & return receipt. Use registered if a big value like 15-20+K. Enclose a detailed letter of all you discussed on the phone. Ask that the gun be at least double boxed,triple is better. Or use a really good partitioned hard case AND pack bubble pack and/or foam peanuts around the gun inside the case. Send it PO registered mail. Keep copies of all.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I always invest in a $20-30 doskocil hard plastic case to put the gun in. Then I ship the box or original case in another box. I also put the hard plastic case inside a box. It works every time. I use Fed Ex for $30-40 plus ins

4. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

0   0   0

Add my recommendation , as ALF and CubanCigar , to use Fed-EX .

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.