1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to ajust a Meck Grabber That????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tarheel, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarheel

tarheel Member

I have tried to overhaul mine with not too good results,even the Factory cant seem to tell me what I need!
    When I use the grabber,and the Machine comes back to the top of the cycle,the Rod inside the Grabber collet,WILL NOT DROP BACK IN PLACE,KEEPING THE SHELL REMANING TIGHT IN THE GRABBER COLLET!I have to move it around or tap it with some thing for it to fall back in place!
    I have had the Merry Boys at Mec on the phone and still cannot get it to cycle without having to tap on it .it only has to move only a few Thousents!
    I have moved the grabber collet several time for ajustments!
    Can some one please help!

Don Sutton

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Did you lube the collet? Is the set ball in place to insure the timing is correct so the stations are centered properly. If shot gets hung in the collet it can do that I believe.

3. tarheel

tarheel Member

Thanks SJ,I beleive that the Turret could be the Varmint,it has a lot of play in it!
    I will call Gamalial in the morning and get one on the way,I hate to tear one that far down,but nothing is working!
    A yes I did and do have it lubed real well,I have done all you said to do!
    Again my Thanks!
    I will take about a week to get the part and have her running again!

Tarheel

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why would you buy the part from Gamaliels and not just call MEC? Surely Gamaliels can't sell MEC parts cheaper than MEC, can they?

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Before you replace a bunch of parts, check that the roll pin under the press is not putting the shell lifter bracket (#91 on schematic) in a bind.

6. tarheel

tarheel Member

Why would I buy a part from any one but Mec?
    well,I like Gamailal,I like mec too,I call mec Tech,the guys are getting a little Burned out I think,I call Gamailal,The are very curtious,and one of the parts I'm going to buy is $11.95 At Gamailal,at Mec it(same Part and #) is $15.95!
    A kind word and a smile goes a long ways!

Tarheel

7. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

You don't indicate where you are but several of our members package the loader and send it to MEC for overhaul.
    Results have been very good.The shipping becomes a non-issue when the darned thing just won't function properly.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wow, MEC parts are cheaper at Gamaliels. Who woulda thunk? I like Gamaliels too and have purchased my fair share from them. I was just curious and I suppose I learned something too. I would have figured MEC to be the cheapest. I thought wrong

9. Strait Shooter

Strait Shooter Member

don't know whether this will help, I had a similiar problem with one of my MECs. When I removed the collett from the machine I found out that a shell would not drop down into the collett without a lot of resistance, it should drop all the way down without any resistance at all. I found this out by comparing it with one of my other colletts that I knew worked well.I believe MECs explaination was that the collett was out of round { maybe not their exact words]They graciosly sent me a new one and it's worked fine for the last 70,000 shells, also the turret has to be set with a slight amount of overtravel, your manual should tell you how to set this.Good luck.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Clean the collet, sand the shell lifter shaft a little where it hangs up.

Nothing shold have grown bigger unless it's crusty.

Make sure your hull rims are not contacting anything.

If you don't have a BB in the sorks it should go up and down freely.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.