1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to adj. rib on 90T

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shannon391, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Just bought a 90T high rib nib. Currently the rib is set in the first series of holes on both rib mounts (left of bore).Looking to make it shoot higher. This puts the rib in the lowest setting at bore.

Thanks Shannon

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Shannon,

Adjust the rib so that the muzzle end is as close to the bbl as possible. Then adjust the adjustable comb for the correct sight picture.

The adjustable/high rib 90-T does not shoot all that high, with the rib adjusted accordingly. With the rib close to the bbl (the highest shooting position) and the comb adjusted for a figure 8 position, you'll get about a 70-30 (about 6" high) pattern at forty yds.

If you need or wish to go higher, bump the comb up a little more. A small amount a gap between the beads will not hurt you. Comb adjustments will move your POI a lot more that just a rib adjustment.

Doug Braker

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Thanks Doug I need to get the comb cut and have the updates done as It was NIB. I heard you are the man, do you have a website?

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Need the comb cut??? All of the high rib guns came with adjustable combs.

Doug

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

This one did not. The guy I bought it from said he picked different wood from a gunsmith from Kolar that he bought from?

So the center adjustment on the barrel is just for getting the figure eight set after you set the POI with the comb? (front rib is all the way down}.
    Sorry for my ignorance, I never fooled with an adjustable rib.

Thank you, Shannon

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Shannon,

The rib should be adjusted so that the same screw holes are used for each of the rib posts.

For example....use both front holes or middle holes or back. Though I don't think it would hurt anything by not using the corresponding holes, that's not the way it should be used.

By mis-matching the holes, the rib will no longer remain straight. The setting you have right now will cause a hump in the middle.

Doug

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Thanks,

It does have a hump. I will put the mid bead back all the way down to match the front.

I'm disappointed the guy said it will shoot from flat to 100%' It shoots very flat even all the way down.

I know I can correct this with a higher comb but I was hoping not to see all that space bettween the beads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.