1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How to add weight to a 391?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Does anyone know how to add some weight to a Beretta 391?

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Pretty easy. Just install a weight in the stock that replaces the stock nut (see Graco link) and an end cap weight (also see link) and you're there. If you have one of the newer 391's, there will be a milled area under the stock washer that you can either install a factory unit or a weighted unit of your choice. There are lots of options here.

http://tronspace.com/default.aspx

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Cast a lead cylinder about the same length and diameter as a 12 guage shell and place it in the magazine tube. Also place one in the butt stock to maintain the guns balance.

I use a wooden 2x4 and a spade drill to make the mold for the cylinders. HMB

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I have the Break-O 8 ounce forend weight that replaces the end cap, and the screw on stock weight 7 ounces or 10 ounces. The 7 ounce weight stock weight and the forend weight used together will keep the original balance point.
    All three weights- $50 shipped. Respond by PM.

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Buy the Beretta 391 weight kit. It is adjustable. I bought the Briley fixed version and have no regrets but if I had to do all over I would have bought the adjustable. The clamp-on version is also an option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.