1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how stressful is our sport?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I was talking to a friend about stress at work. It dawned on me that many of our sports we tend to play are also stressful. Golf to me would be very streesful. Come to think about it trap shooting is has lots of stress. you must break 99 to 100 to win. now that stress for most of us. LOL

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Instead of stressing_yourself_out, relax have fun and just before its your shot, concentrate on breaking the target. Then relax till just prior to your next. Anything can become stressful! Its simply your state_of_mind!!!!!!!

3. 3357

3357 Member

If shooting trap causes you "bothersome" stress you are missing the point and should stop shooting imediately. It is important to realize that you choose to shoot trap, you do not have to shoot trap, and hopefully you are shooting trap for its enjoyment, fellowship, and satisfaction. If it is giving you grief to the point of needing to talk about it you should stop shooting, .....now. jess

4. DanR

DanR TS Member

Man, I shoot trap to relieve stress! I can be wound tight as a drum from the stress at work, and no matter how bad I shoot, I still feel wonderful by the time I get done with a round of trap. There's nothing like focusing on something competitive and shooting the bejabbers out of a flying target to get your mind off of life's problems. Trapshooting may be expensive, but I think it's the cheapest therapy I know of. Even my wife has figured that out to the point where she occasionally tells me that I need to go trapshooting.

Dan R.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The biggest stress I get from trapshooting is when I can't afford it....which is too often...DAMN!!

6. Bob Wilson

Bob Wilson TS Member

I find I shoot best with a "calm mind". My phrase. I try to reach this state when I shoot. Therefore shooting is a stress reducer.

7. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

oh my, our sport is very very stressfull before i shot ATA i had a very beautifull head of hair, never drank booze before in my life, never took illicite drugs before. now that ive been shooting ATA for a few years, all my hair has fallen out, im on the bottle non stop, im takeing illicit drugs before every shoot and inbetween events, im a nervous wreck. some times im so nervouse when im shooting, i soil my pants, how does one cope with this kinda stress???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.