1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How slow for singles?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by locdoc, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locdoc

locdoc Member

Remington has their low recoil (LR) 2 1/2 dram eq., which is an ounce and 1/8 at a published 1100 fps. I like it. All the 100's and most of the 99's I've ever posted were with this load or my reloaded equivilant of it.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

Also, Winchester has their Feather lite load which is 26 grams of lead at a published velocity of 960 fps. Breaks targets OK but you do need to adjust your timing.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Personally I would not go below 1100fps. From a full choke that puts it above the speed of sound so you don't have pattern tightening issues.

I load everything to go 1150fps, but I have shot a lot of 1125pfs stuff. There just isn't much of a difference between 1125 and 1150 for singles except a little less recoil ans possibly a touch higher POI.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I don't go much lower than 1150 for anything. I like 1200 or so for everything. No problems with function in my 1100 and no need to learn to compensate for slower shells. I'm also not extremely recoil shy. I use one ounce loads at 1200 for 16s, mostly for economy and see no realistic difference in my scores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.