1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How pricey is this SX-1 going to get?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I saw this on gunbroker. I'll bet this one is going to fetch a dollar or two.

ss

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Considering the junk you get for a grand today ... I'd say a machined steel receiver and nice piece of wood should be a good buy at $1500+. I have a SX-1 I bought back in the 70's and it shoots just as well today as is did almost 40 years ago!

My 2 cents...

Bob Schultz

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

On the right day with the right bidders it could for as high as $1500/$1600+....

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The fact that it is in the box and factory IM choked is what caught my eye. I wonder if ole SuperXJeff has his eye on this one?

ss

5. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Another NIB Super-X1 trap from the same collection went for $1416 last week. A NIB field grade was up to about $750, last I looked.

I have an early model SX-1 that has about a bazillion rounds through it, it still shoots great and the only thing I've ever had to do to it is replace the buffer and the mag tube when it burned through.

Out of all the guns I have or have had it still shoots the best scores for me. The choke is .695, too!

Kiv

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

when super x's first came out they were $75.00 more than an 1100 in my area of the country. i no longer bid on these auctions unless it has a fare "buy it now" price. i believe a lot of these auctions have friends bid who drive up the price. this gun has a nice different color tone wood, or is this the camera? i have won auctions in the past only to be disapointed once i received the gun because they enhanced the color or tone of the picture. the imp mod choke is not seen often. i would be interested to see what gander mt., or cabellas would offer for this gun? i'd say they would offer with a straight face, $200.00 to $300.00. they would complain about the imp mod fixed choke, parts are hard to get, and the list goes on & on. once they stole the gun from the owner, it would go on the shelf as a "collectors item, great wood, one of the few fixed imp mod choke, ideal for trapshooting.
    steve balistreri

7. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

"Another NIB Super-X1 trap from the same collection went for $1416 last week."

Per the pictures, it is the same gun. Interesting that the individual who won the auction the first time around appears to be the same one to re-start the bidding on the re-listed auction.

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

There are two diffrent guns being auctioned by the same guy. The guy bidding is a collecter and the 30 inch modified trap barrel is so rare that it is not in Winchesters records keeping. I have never seen one besides the one for sale. Very Very rare!!!!!!!!!! I.M is standard as well as trap full but Modified is another story. That is why apple tree is bidding on it. He bought my Grade 5 Super pigeon factory combo set. Jeff

9. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

description says choke is imp-mod. the box says mod.i wander which it is. either way,looks like a very nice gun.dwain

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Jeff,

I knew you'd have the lowdown on this. Thanks for the info!

ss

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Like dbcook says, There is a diffrence in the wording but they didn't make any 30" modified choke barrels in trap or field grade. I am still on trapshooters.com just don't take part in discussions much anymore as there are so many guys on this site that have so much knowlage about the Sx-1 and the upgrades that need to be done to them. My latest passion has been long range rifle shooting. I still welcome PM's about items for sale or guys looking for parts as I still have quite an inventory of parts. Jeff

12. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

The hang tag says IM. GaryL.

13. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

14. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Bid now is $800.50

15. rick979

rick979 Active Member

The hang tag says "IM" but the box says "modified". The seller states the numbers on the gun match the box and paperwork. Is this possible?

16. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Bottom line is what is marked on the barrel. if it is a 30 inch modified it makes no diffrence what the hang tag is marked. Worth even more if the choke really mics to modified constriction. Jeff

17. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

I emailed him and got a pic of the barrel it is IMP. MOD. The eariler boxes just said MOD choke.

18. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

That explains why the gun has been reliasted. Apple tree found that out. he may still be a bidder but not nearly as high as now it is a shooter. Jeff

19. chuckles

chuckles Member

Jeff, who is Apple Tree...???

20. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

bid is now $856.00 what do you all think will be the high bid any ideal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.