1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you shoot? and how many?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aussie Dan, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Just wondering how often you guys shoot?

Im guessing its around 300 per day for you guys when you do, but how much practice etc?

Just a week or month average would do, and how many times a month.

I'll start it off, for the last 2 months i have been shooting 50 competition targets and at least another 25 practice every tuesday night, and 100-120 comp targets 2 weekends per month.

Total- i shoot an average of 6 times a month and a total of 100 practice and 400 comp targets a month.

And you?

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

just as I state in my name :)... no where enough or on a regular basis I work two jobs and family with home. I always promise myself this is the year to join a league and such, I do not think its going to be this either I am going to collage for the first time.
    Jim Z

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shoot practice twice a week in the off season.

50 singles to start and warm up.

150-200 doubles. If I don't break at least 45 per round I shoot some extras from the stations I missed on.

100 caps.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

About 14,000 targets per year. Shoot twice a week, Wednesday's and Sundays. Unless an ATA shoot is on Saturday. 90% reloads, and I've made my own shot the last couple of years. New shells are what I win, I can't remember the last time I purchased new shells.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I shoot @ least 300 rds a week, with a min of 200 registered a week---this possible now, due to where I'm living. If my back was better I could easily double this.

Phil Berkowitz

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

My first shoot this year will likely be in the "zoo" at the Hoppie in May. Montana weather in the winter is something else. in the 3 days at the Hoppie, I will shoot 1000 targets of which 400 are Dbles.

I won't shoot any practice until the weather gets better and the sun gets higher in the sky.

Rick in MT

7. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Last year I averaged 1000 targets per month.The year before that almost half again as much. I had 6500 registered targets last year and I know that I shot at least that many practice targets. Registered week ends are at least 500 for the week end. I try to go to two registed shoots per month during the shooting season and I almost always practice every Wednesday nights 100-200+ targets depending on how I feel and sometimes Saturdays as well. I really would like to shoot more than I do just like most folks on this site would.

Jim Bradbury

8. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I shoot skeet on Tuesdays, 5 Stand on Wednesdays and Trap on Sundays, and usually go through at least a flat of shells a week, all year round in Oregon. Mark

9. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I shoot 2 leagues on the weekends and practice 2-3 times during the week. Practice can be from 100-200 targets, then ATA registered when they are fairly close.

Oscar

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

100 almost every Thursday morning. Weather permitting. Mike.

11. chipking

chipking TS Member

Depending on weather and commitments I try to get in between 100 and 150 round per week this time of year. I seldom shoot more than 100 in a single session mostly because I like to go to the club more than once a week. When the weather warms up I probably will go back to about 50 practice per week but I should be shooting registered targets about 3 weekends a month.

--- Chip King ---

12. open choke

open choke TS Member

I will shoot 5 or 6 rounds on a weekend day and I will shoot both days.

So figure a 250-300 for the weekend.

In the winter league we were doing 200 targets plus practice so that's 225 on Sunday and the Saturday I will do maybe 4-5 rounds cause I'll be back the next day so those weekends maybe like 350.

I don't have the luxury of shooting during the week & we don't have any night shooting :(

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

About 14,000 targets per year. Shoot twice a week, Wednesday's and Sundays. Unless an ATA shoot is on Saturday. 90% reloads, and I've made my own shot the last couple of years. New shells are what I win, I can't remember the last time I purchased new shells.

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I shoot @ least 300 rds a week, with a min of 200 registered a week---this possible now, due to where I'm living. If my back was better I could easily double this.

Phil Berkowitz

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

My first shoot this year will likely be in the "zoo" at the Hoppie in May. Montana weather in the winter is something else. in the 3 days at the Hoppie, I will shoot 1000 targets of which 400 are Dbles.

I won't shoot any practice until the weather gets better and the sun gets higher in the sky.

Rick in MT

16. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Last year I averaged 1000 targets per month.The year before that almost half again as much. I had 6500 registered targets last year and I know that I shot at least that many practice targets. Registered week ends are at least 500 for the week end. I try to go to two registed shoots per month during the shooting season and I almost always practice every Wednesday nights 100-200+ targets depending on how I feel and sometimes Saturdays as well. I really would like to shoot more than I do just like most folks on this site would.

Jim Bradbury

17. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I shoot skeet on Tuesdays, 5 Stand on Wednesdays and Trap on Sundays, and usually go through at least a flat of shells a week, all year round in Oregon. Mark

18. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I shoot 2 leagues on the weekends and practice 2-3 times during the week. Practice can be from 100-200 targets, then ATA registered when they are fairly close.

Oscar

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

100 almost every Thursday morning. Weather permitting. Mike.

20. chipking

chipking TS Member

Depending on weather and commitments I try to get in between 100 and 150 round per week this time of year. I seldom shoot more than 100 in a single session mostly because I like to go to the club more than once a week. When the weather warms up I probably will go back to about 50 practice per week but I should be shooting registered targets about 3 weekends a month.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how do u shoot trap
how many rounds of trap do you shoot
how many shot in trap shooting
how many targets shot at trap session

how often do you shoot

how often recomend shooting practices
how often to practice shooting