1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Often Do People Get A New Trapgun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

How often do people change or replace their trapgun? I have had my gun for 27 years. Its on its third rebuilt.

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

When they start to fall behind in the "he-who-dies-with-the-most-toys..." count?

MK

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

monthly?

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i second that!!!

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

A new gun is required when they plateau and need a "better gun" to get to the next level.

The new gun causes scores to drop until they get used to it. Scores steadily improve as they learn to shoot it. Then scores plateau again - typically at about the same level as the "old" gun.

The cycle starts over again until they realize they will never shoot AA-27.

Then they buy new guns to keep from getting bored and to spend money they know their children will eventually piss away on vacations, cars and toys they don't need.

Don Verna

6. Edwin D

Edwin D Member

I AGREE with donverna!

7. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

sooooooooooooooooooooooo???

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Don is on, totaly..........

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

The ones the wife knows about....every 5 years. The ones she doesn't know about....every 2 years. Wayne

10. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

my wife has more than one purse also!!!!! in shooting and guns- gratification comes in differant forms!!- i personally like the find and see what feels good to me, type of shooting, 27yd goal is not a big deal to me!!but don is right on and if i fall in that class, so be it!--- but the original question i think , is after 3 rebuilds-do you buy another gun?-- its a physical mechanics question!!!

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Acss, I agree with you about the three rebuilds but when you don't have enought to replace the gun with what you want to replace it with you rebuild it. I would like to get a K-80 but that is still down the road for me. What ever I get it will have to be new because then I know the history of the gun.

12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I have been averaging about one per year. I shoot with a guy that, seriously, gets about 2 or 3 per summer. He manages to keep his scores in the 20's, which is surprising to me. This year I'm working on getting a longer barrel for my bt 99. I guess that qualifies as a new gun so I'm still on track. Bill in MI

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I buy a new trap gun when the urge hits which is about every 6 months.
    My wife and I have an agreement in our house. "I don't count shoes and she don't count guns"

14. JRW

JRW Member

I am retired and spending the money before the kids get it. Jerry in MI.

15. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

How often do people change or replace their trapgun? Too often for many and not often enough for others. Each individual has his or her own reasons for changing guns. Many times I have wished that I would have left well enough alone and stayed with my original trapgun, a Remington 1100. The money might well have been better spent on shells.

16. maka

maka Member

New Guns: Young married guy tells wife need gun for hunting, she argrees. Next year, same story. Wife reply you have one. Thats a small gamer need deer gun. She OK's. Next same story. Reply you have 2. Need Elk gun. Wife can't understand all those guns. One day in gun shop finds gun of dreams. Buys without discussing with wife. Driving home feel guilty. Sees garage sale.finds old lamp shade worn and dirty for a quarter. Light goes on ,buys it. Puts shade on top of barrel walks in and shows wife nice lamp he bought. She replies that he should get that dirty thing out of house. Puts shade in trash and gun in safe. Now when I buy new gun my wife take shade off lamp puts on gun and take picture for posterity.

17. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

PrairieViper should know this for sure. A new gun arrives right after you get a wild hare. Doesn't matter what the scores are.

18. 3357

3357 Member

Too Often.

19. JRW

JRW Member

New to me,July 09, Nov. 09, Jan 2010, the year is starting out good. Jerry in MI.

20. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

As often as they can :eek:) Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.