1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How nice....the system works

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Border Bandit, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I joined the ATA last year giving my "official" name as Charles. The only time that name ever got used was when my mom was ready to administer some justice. Usually just a Charles Michael would suffice, though.
    So, there it was on the ATA website and my official life membership card, "CHARLES", and always causing confusion when scorecards and handicap windows were told, Mike. My pal, Tom Burkey, told me there'd be no problem getting it changed to Mike, and since going to another ATA shoot at Greencastle as usual, without a member card they handed me one of those pumpkin colored forms for a NEW PLASTIC CARD REQUEST, (REV 10/97)
    Well there was a phone number supplied, and I learned that it was Shawna I wanted to ask to change my name from Charles to Mike. What a wonderful experience! Shawna couldn't have been more gracious and not only did she change my name to Mike, but said she's send me two new plastic cards in the next day's mail, so Dianne at Greencastle wouldn't have to look me up in her 'puter, next time I show up without my stuff.

Today I looked me up on the ATA website and sure enough there it was: 0762426 Mike Poore. Ain't it great when things work so nicely? .....mike

Thanks Shawna (smooch)

2. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Well, finally someone gives a compliment to the ATA instead of the usual bitching. Good for you. You're still a ratfink though. [wink]

Your pal, Phil C.

3. Border Bandit

See U on Sunday, Phil. Um, I guess you passed on the opportunity to shoot in the wind on Thursday evening. I'll bring the bag af Yellow Delicious to share. your pal ....ratfink Mike

4. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Okay, Mike. Yeah, too windy. I gotta see if I can beat you once or twice before you get your Kolar back. Hey, they got any Winesaps where you got those apples?

Your pal, Phil

5. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

I thought this was an O.J. thread.

6. Border Bandit

"Hey, they got any Winesaps where you got those apples? "
    I don't think they're picking them, yet, Phil, but surely, soon. It's Billy Brent, a small orchard on Tract road, just outside Fairfield. I can get you some, if you'd like, but they're expensive this year .....$16 a bushel.

Enjoy your K-80 advantage for this week's shoot, while you're picking on my poor little 525 Sporting with it's 30" barrels. Just don't start whining when "Twisted Sister" gets back into the mix, and hopefully, I learn to shoot it. BTW, I'm having an early lunch at the "old broad's" anyone else coming over? I'm guessing 'possum and Mike + spouses will be there. See U 'bout 11:30 rat fink mike

Notice that the lack of punctuation fails to assign the rat fink distinction to any particular party? (grin)

7. Border Bandit

For the record: Phil kicked butt yesterday and took high score. Um, we're not discussing scores posted by the old guy with the 525. Good shoot'n, brother Phil.

8. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

At the Apple Festival in Unicoi County, Tennessee this weekend, apples of all varities were selling for $12 bushel. Beutiful mountain apples, I have 6qts of apple butter going right now, made with braeburns and romes.

9. Border Bandit

Brother Phil & I are on our way down. (grin)
    It's late up here for romes & grannie smiths; the red & yellow delicious are in the coolers, and they're picking the Stayman Winesap next, then the yorks. I'm not familiar with the braeburn, though. Apples are truly one of God's gifts, garden of Eden story notwithstanding.
    I looked 'em up, and while at it, found this way cool website: http://www.allaboutapples.com/varieties/index.htm

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

All this talk about apples make me want some too. I'm headed up to Knoxville Tn next week and sure hope they are picking apples up there. Anyone know? Jackie B.

11. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Hey Mike,

It's time for Marj to make her apple sauce, dumplings, etc. I'd really like to find some Northern Spy and Winesaps. I grew up with old-fashion apples, antique varieties, whatever you call 'em. Seems like all anyone wants any more is Red Delicious. BTW, thanks for the Golden Delicious, they're superb. I'll probably have to make some phone calls to see what the local orchards have.

Thanks for the compliments, but we'll see how your Kolar does, should be back soon, huh? I expect you'll beat me from time to time, you bum.

Your pal, Phil

12. Border Bandit

Apple sauce = Yorks. They should be harvesting them by month's end. I'll call & check. Not sure about Northern Spy, though. Did you check out the apple website I posted? I had no idea there are so many varieties.

BTW, I'm going bird hunting Thursday, then up to Snow Shoe, (Fry's gonna fix the roof leak) with a stop off at Warrior's Mark for a round of clays, Friday morning, so won't make the shoot Thursday. Please ask Bob to call 642-5709 so we can make travel arrangements for the Sunday League shoot at Leetown. See U Sunday .....brother mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.