1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhmorrisn, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

A while back I picked up and BT99 for my Granddaughter to replace an 1100. She shoots on a High School team. But she wont give her 1100. The BT99 fit her just fine.

So if she don't want it says I, I use it. Only one problem, I can not line up the bead quite right. The is just to much space between them.

My question is to who ever is, what a reasonable cost to have this corrected by a local gun smith?

2. WJN

WJN TS Member

Might want to check the LOP on the BT99 and a gun that fits you. It could be too short. Just a thought.

Jim

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

That is not a bad thing and it is not necessary to have that "figure 8". Given the fact you have a space between the beads tells me your gun should be shooting high, of course this depends on other factors. If you find that the gun shoots too high for you then you'll need to have an adjustable comb fitting for the stock. Have you shot it yet and how well do you do?

Bryan

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Calkidd is right. Shoot it a while, you may like it. All my guns have space
    between the beads. If it is just shooting too high for you an adjustable comb is one solution, but not a good one. The wood would have to be cut so the comb would sit lower. An add-on rib might be better. Either way, you're looking at
    a couple hundred dollars.

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

It's all about gun fit. Are your granddaughter and you the same size? What is the LOP on the BT? Is it a straight stock or a monte-carlo? What is the distance between your thumb and your nose, when the gun is mounted? How does this compare to the gun you are shooting now? If it is at all close, take it to a patterning board, and see how it shoots for you. Then get back to us. Fitting a gun over the internet is a challenge. Where is Rollin when you need him. :) Mark

6. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

Here in east edge of NE, just south of Omaha, other than the wind, it was a nice day.

Twenty-four showed up for three rounds from the 16 yards. And there I was with my BT99.

Also was there was son, who with a dbl field gun, a 870 trap & a 1100 shot a 66 took 1st. Granddaughter with her 1100 posted a 60 for 4th and me with my BT, 23 place.

Be how ever, I'm going to keep shooting it.

7. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

23rd out of 24! wow! I wouldn't change a thing. Keep shooting it. Next time play for money. Where do you shoot, again? :) Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.