1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much would you pay for this gun.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MHD07, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHD07

MHD07 TS Member

Hello all,

I am in the hunt for a k-20 three barrel set. My first choice would be to get it in 32" barrels. However I have found one, a super scroll, with a three barrel set of 30" barrels and they are asking for 16k.
    They claim the gun is in 98%-99% condition.
    What would you guys pay for a gun like this one.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

It's probably worth the asking price. A new K20 superscroll in 2007 was $12K from a dealer who was willing to discount. That's with one barrel of course. New barrels were running $3600, list price was around $4100 each but that was also 2007 prices. I've read that Krieghoff prices went up 9 % this year. You're essentially getting one barrel free although its a used gun. There are not many used K20's that come up for sale, especially in 3 barrel sets.It sounds like a fair price if the gun is truly in high condition as these guns seem to hold their value. I have a 20/.410 set with 30 inch barrels and love it. I don't shoot competitively with it so I load 3/4 ounce 20 gauge loads which was a whole lot less expensive than another barrel. The case is heavy enough with 2 barrels in it. Best guy to deal with on these is Steve Smith at Indiana Gun Club. He'll give you a good discount and if you have a trade he'll give you a fair price. Email me if I can help further

3. MHD07

MHD07 TS Member

Bridger,

Thank you for replying. This gun is actually at that indiana gun club. Is there a best way to reach Steve through email? Do you feel there might be a little wiggle room here. Its a little off by budget. I wanted to spend about 14k, no more.

Thanks.

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

i just looked at the gun on their website. I'd guess that one has upgraded wood, if my superscroll had wood that good, I wouldn't be looking to have a custom stock made for it! If you're serious about the gun, just call him, no telling when he would be able to get around to answering your email. You can always make him an offer but he's always been very fair when I've dealt with him. He'll be honest about the guns condition. Only downside I can see is that the frame is blued rather than nickel that's a matter of personal preference and I could live with the blue. With all the chokes that come with it I think it would be a nice deal if you could get it for $16K especially with the wood that's on it. Good luck

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Is the K-20 for Sporting Clays. I'm sort of looking. I was always a 28" barrel man but the 30" has me curious. Would 30" work for Sporting Clays?
    Dave T.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The 32" barrel is a good idea for the petite K-20. This gets rid of the "broomstick" syndrome. They swing and handle very well.

7. MHD07

MHD07 TS Member

Does anyone know where I can find a combo with 32"?
    I am serious about this gun, on Gunbroker.com the gun is not in nickel, but in silver. I would have to figure which is which but the wood looks similar. See if you guys can tell a difference.

8. MHD07

MHD07 TS Member

Does anyone know where I can find a combo with 32"?
    I am serious about this gun, on Gunbroker.com the gun is not in nickel, but in silver. I would have to figure which is which but the wood looks similar. See if you guys can tell a difference.

9. Bridger

Bridger Member

It's the same gun. He lists the same stock number on both gunbroker and his website. The frame on this gun is blue, the superscroll is available in both blue and nickel. I don't know if there is any difference in price. I think Cabelas had a superscroll 3 barrel set not too long ago, you might check their website and see if it is still there. I doubt very much that you will find a nice three barrel K20 for $14k. Maybe a standard grade but not likely an upgraded gun like this one. If you want a 32 inch set the best thing to do is go on Krieghoffs website, get a list of their dealers and start calling to see if anyone has one.
    Someone asked about 28 inch barrels on these which I have never seen and I doubt very much that any dealer stocks. Resale on a 28 inch k20 would probably not be good.

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I am with Mike. It's a big purchase so buy the barrels that you want. It's only a deal if it is what you want friend. Jeff

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Again, I agree with Mike. That would be my ultimate Starling gun. I want 3 Bulino engraved Starlings leaving a Cherry orchard with a 4th bird slightly above through the other three. The 4th bird will have obviously just been shot and the clincher will be a Cherry falling from the birds mouth that was spit out upon being shot. I love it when they do that!!!! Not that I have thought about this or anything. Jeff

12. MHD07

MHD07 TS Member

Thank you for going by and evaluating this gun for me. My question to you guys would be, at 95% what kind of offer would you make?

13. MHD07

MHD07 TS Member

Thank you for going by and evaluating this gun for me. My question to you guys would be, at 95% what kind of offer would you make?

14. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its going to be better than 95 percent

K20s are hard to resale --

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.