1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How much $$$$ this German Lugar is worth?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trap72, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap72

trap72 Member

DWM GERMAN LUGAR 7.65MM 4 INCH BARREL: All serial numbers match, manufactured between 1900 and 1908. This gun was purchased by my father in 1912. Good condition, less than 50 rounds fired since 1912.
    How much is it worth today?

2. CIM

CIM TS Member

How much you want for it?

CIM

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

How much you guys give me for this? 1849 Springfield has probably not been fired since leaving Springfield armory when new. Mint condition considering age. We got it in 1964 when my Uncle found it wrapped in burlap sack and original grease.

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Bayonet. Pictures do NOT do this gun justice. I should have used a bettere lens

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Nirether does the damn cat hairs

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Top view

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Trap72, I tried looking up your gun for you but I need more info on your Luger. Does it have a 4 and 3/4 inch barel or 4 inch. barrel. Also the name of the piece is needed. There was Swiss,American Eagle,Bulgarian,commercial,Navy, and Navy Military there are a number if types. Prices are from 3,000 dollars to over 37,000 dollars for a 100 percent gun. Will try to look back later and see if you posted more info or are you just Trolling. Break-em all Jeff

8. trap72

trap72 Member

Sorry fellas, it should be Luger, not Lugar!

PULL AND MARK, thanks for your info, will post some more details on 7/17/2007.

TRAP72

9. skeetking

skeetking Banned User Banned

Howdy Folks,
    Send these two to Butterfields and find out what they are worth at one of their auctions. Well attended by people that care and that have money to burn.
    Regards from Texas,
    Larry Degel

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I'll do a search about Butterfields. Not sure I want to spend a bunch of money to make a little, if I sell. I'm guessing the Springfield in the condition it's in may be worth $5-7k. Of course it may be alot more or a little less. Last I saw it listed in just fine condition it was $2500. That was years ago and this ones much better than just "fine" condition. Makes a great wall piece or I've even considered sending to a museum.

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

hoggy, not trying to start any crap but why hijack trap72's thread. Nice piece by the way. The guy that found it is about as lucky as a tarped Indian motorcycle in the back of the barn.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Found a gun? hmmm what luck

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

On the luger - get it valued by multiple sources and realize you have to have a buyer whatever the "value" is

There are dealers that deal in this stuff and they have a list of collectors wanting certain items- you might be able to negotiate a set fee with them -search those type of dealers out and just email them- if they have a buyer in the wings- you probably can negotiate something immediately - if they dont- they will attempt to do somehting else with you- ignore them

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

My apologies to trap 72...... Did not mean to steel the tread. Have to answer one thing for Gene. My uncle (now long deceased) owned a company that tore down old houses. They would feel up around all the old wood in the houses and try to salvage any good old growth wood. That's how it was found. He found this wrapped in burlap sack up in the rafters. Shortly after within months he feel on one of these jobs and was in a wheel chair the rest of his life. I was 14 years old when this happened and that's all I know. I was there when he and my dad cleaned off the grease. My father bought it from my Uncle that day. He (my dad) hung it on our wall with other antique firearms and swords for over 40 years until I got most of them in 2005. Again I apologize for steeling your thread trap72.

14. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

From the information you provided it looks as if your Luger is a commercial. Your luger should have a wood base magazine. Common variation. Value plus or minus $700.00. If your Luger has any other interesting markings you didnt mention that could make a difference in value.

15. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I got no new info, but looking at the 1906 commercial 7.65 Para. with 4 and 3/4 inch barrel.(least expensive of all in your time frame) 98% is 3,000---90% is 2,000----and 70% is 1,000 dollars, 60% is at 850 dollars. Hope this helps. Like I said this is the least amount it should be worth. Twenty-seventh edition with is last years book. Break-em all. Jeff

16. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

5 bucks each. I'll through in the cat hair free.

17. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Take your pick. I'd trade for a Silver Sietz.

18. zap

zap TS Member

Hoggy, I am interested in the springfield. Pleas contact me amd let me know what you think you want for it . Ive always had a soft spot for those rifles and would really like one. looking forward to your response, Dennis

19. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

You've got email Dennis.

20. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

gordon-they'd be worth a few dukats for positive.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is a german lugar worth