1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW MUCH SHOULD IT COST FOR LJUTIC RIB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

How much should it cost to remove Mid Rib on a Ljutic and install an Olympic Rib, with work being done by Ljutic, The price was bumped by the new owner to $1500, Simmons will do it for $600, Moneymaker $700, gun owner was wanting it to be all original Ljutic work, but feel he is being raked over the coals.
    A Ljutic Employee quoted $1000 gun owner thought that was acceptable until new owner said NO it will cost $1500. He said the Bbl had to be honed .002 and that is the extra charge, owner told him that he would have his gunsmith friend hone it, Ljutic new owner said he would not install the rib then.

This includes taking off the the old pickets and installing new pickets, and re-bluing the Bbl, and honing it .002 thousandths.

What do you guys think? Is this fair and why or why not.

He just had the EXTRA hi rib put on his Kolar for less than $400 but that was a removable rib replacement.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gary, I have owned 6 Ljutics. I now own #2885. Your price quote of $1000 is about the price Ljutic will charge. In their price list they state replacing the rib is $900 minimum. Yes you have to replace all rib-pickets and re-hone the barrel. You are heating the rib picket area therefore the barrel must be honed so you have no distortion in the I.D. If not honed the barrel could be non-concentric. Remember the comb will have to be raised app. 1/2in. The oly rib is .900 and the mid rib is .450. Maybe he can find some Oly rib wood and trade. My first Ljutic was #2655 Oly rib. The best trap gun I ever owned. I flew up there and had Al fit me since I am left handed. Since then I have owned probably 25 guns and Ljutic is still the best. The dealer in Utah may have some wood for the oly rib gun. You can also go to the Ljutic website and search their dealers. Hope this helps, Roy A. Morton

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

It would be cheaper to buy a different gun or barrel . Ever think of an add-on rib to your barrel ?
    I don,t think I would have a barrel reribed if the posts needed replace,t

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Just more of that outstanding Ljutic customer service!

I think that I'd send the barrel to Dennis and have an adjustable rib installed. The work would be just as good, if not better, and the gun would be a bit more adjustable.

Just my thoughts though.

ec90t

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Tell them to stuff the 1500 job! Have Dennis put on a Delron rib on top. The delron rib has so many advantages! First he can make it the same height and impact as his Kolar. Second it virtually elliminats any heat distortion.

A new comb could be built for his existing stock. Depending on the cost of the wood to match the Origional stock I would think $400 to $600 I do this kind of work all th time and I suspect Dennis could build the new comb aswell.

For under $1000 you can get both the stock and barrel done and the gun will perform much better than th oly rib.

Joe

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Go to Keen Ribs and have and add-on rib made. I did and it works great on my Ljutic. Of course, a new rib would look better. I also checked with Ljutic about installing a higher rib than my mid-rib. Frankly, they acted like they didn't want to do the job. Hence Keen. I may someday send it to Moneymaker and have them install a new pretty high rib. But, in the mean time I'll stay with the Keen.

8. kgp

kgp TS Member

I had a mid rib converted to olympic by Ljutic about seven or eight years ago. Price was $600.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can ljutic put an adjustable rib on any ljutic